Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Australia & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used the See Sydney and Beyond Card?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2003, 01:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In researching our honeymoon trip, we came across the See Sydney and Beyond Card at http://www.seesydneycard.com and it seems like a great deal. Has anyone used this card and have any comments?

For $255AU per person (about $180US or so) they have a 7-day pass with transportation. This gets you a lot of things like:
Tour of the Opera House
A few different harbour cruise tours
Admission to the Taronga Zoo
Admission to Featherdale Wildlife Park
OZ Jet Boat tour
Tours/Admissions to attractions in the Blue Mountains
Public Transportation within Sydney

It seems like a good deal to us, especially since it includes admission to most of the attractions we'd like to do anyway.

If anyone has any comments on this card, I'd greatly appreciate the input.

Thanks,
dave
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 08:08 AM

I am disappointed no one responded regarding the See Sydney and Beyond card! I would like to know also if anyone thinks it is a good deal as opposed to accessing public transportation singly. I hope someone responds! Thanks for asking the question.
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 02:27 PM

Hi,
Can the card be used for the Bridgeclimb??

Muck
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 03:27 PM
Original Poster

It's not good for the climb, but you can get up to the top for the view. The climb runs about $100 if I recall correctly.

-dave
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 07:12 PM

We were just in Sydney for about six days and opted not to get any of the saver cards. I've never done the calculations but I think it was the right decision for us. We found that often public transportation did NOT easily take us where we wanted to go and we ended up walking or taking a cab. But that may depend on where your hotel is located. We were at the Quay West. A lot depends on whether you will definitely do most of the attractions on the card. You probably won't do more than one harbour cruise for instance and might not want to do both Taronga and Featherdale. (To my regret we never made it to Featherdale as it is located quite far out of town.)

Be sure to go to the Aquarium. It's fabulous!
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 07:24 AM
Original Poster

The thing that impressed me most was that the things we wanted to see were all included. Back in 1991 I did both Featherdale and Taronga, and we'll definately be doing them again. At Featherdale you can get a picture taken holding a koala, which is great to have in the photo album.

The public transportation issue though would be important to us. We haven't decided where to stay yet, but are leaning towards staying near Circular Quay (the Radisson Plaza). We aren't planning on renting a car while in Sydney.

-dave

-dave
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 09:01 AM

The main public transportation shortfall for us was getting to Darling Harbour from the Quay West. We went to Darling Harbour far more often than I expected as the Aquarium, the Maritime Museum, the Powerhouse Museum, the Imax theater, and a wonderful Malaysian restaurant were all located there. You may not go nearly as often so perhaps Sydney's public transportation system will better suit your plans. The regular ferry did not run very often between Circular Quay and Darling Harbour, so we sometimes used the private Matilda ferry service, which runs more frequently and probably would not be included in a card. The monorail at Darling Harbour did not stop close enough to the Quay West to be worth it, and I'm not sure the monorail would be included in a card anyway. If there were other good public transportation ways to get to Darling Harbour, we remained ignorant of them I'm afraid. Nor did our concierge know about them. So we ended up cabbing it or walking sometimes.
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 02:43 PM

Topping for Edgar G.
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 09:22 PM

I used the See Sydney Card in August and it was awesome value! I was able to go to the Olympic Park and heaps of other things! it also mentioned stuff (like Featherdale) which i wouldn't have known about otherwise but which was just great!
Definately great value, saved me lots of money! I reckon you go for it! Did you know i did a Jet Boat Ride which would have cost me otherwise $60 but i got in for free!