Notices

how to find work in australia

Apr 4th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Original Poster

how to find work in australia

hi me and my partner are hoping to get a working holiday visa in australia early next year. we both have good jobs . i am a welder and my partner is a care assistant . would this be possible to do any info would be great to help us thanks for your time ?
Apr 4th, 2011, 05:33 PM

More information needed..........age etc and what kind of care assistant and when are you from.
Apr 4th, 2011, 05:54 PM

Assuming from you logon name that you are from the UK, then you can apply if you are under 30

There are job search websites such as

www.seek.com.au
www.mycareer.com.au
www.careerjet.com.au

You'll probably get better responses on a website such as www.britishexpats.com under the Australian forum.

Also if you work in specified regional areas for a certain amount of time 9around 3 months), then you can apply for an additional 12 months visa
Apr 4th, 2011, 10:07 PM

If you're going to be travelling backpacker style you will find an amazing network out there of like minded folk and I'm sure word spreads fast as to what is available.

If you are getting your own vehicle again, there seems to be an amazing network and you will hear about what's happening where. I understand that fruit picking is very popular with our travellers.

I think though as a welder you would probably be lucky there and not have a lot of trouble with a job. I'm not sure about the care assistant - but regardless if you're happy to do anything you will definitely be able to find a job whilst travelling around.

I think if you want the additional visa as mentioned above your work history has to be very well documented.

Search this Thread