Hotels in Adelaide

Jun 10th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Original Poster

Hotels in Adelaide

Hello,

I am looking for suggestions on hotels in Adelaide. We will mostly be doing tourist stuff and visiting the wine country. Looking for something that is nice with a load of charm. I'm not looking for the Ritz but price is not a significant issue.

Thanks!
D
Jun 12th, 2005, 11:12 PM

Hello D. Can you give me a bit more info? How many of you? Kids? When and for how long? Do you want to stay in the wine areas or the city or perhaps both? Sorry, that's lots of questions but I can give you lots of suggestions if you narrow it down a bit for me!
Aug 15th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

There are two of us, both adults. We'll be there for 3 nights and spend most of the time wandering the wine country with some time to explore the city. We will be in adelaide at the end of November.

Thanks for your help!
Aug 15th, 2005, 02:55 PM

Sorry, I don't have any specific recommendations, but check www.wotif.com and arm yourself with a city map - run a search and you'll find one. If nothing else this will give you an idea of what's available and where it is, as wotif has property descriptions.

Anywhere within the square mile thta constitutes Adelaide city will be an OK location, although the closer to North Terrace the better. Nearby North Adelaide will also be fine for your purposes.
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:16 AM

Hi travelgirl. Can recommend a fantastic place in the Barossa Valley wine region if you are interested (lots of charm!)It is about 90 mins from the city, would you have transport?
Aug 22nd, 2005, 09:52 AM

For nice places with some charm and character in the city take a look at the Medina Grand Adelaide Treasury, 4 star, classic old style historical building but lots of modern facilities, swimming pool, spa and sauna etc, rooms are apartment style.

The Oaks Embassy on North terrace is a classy 5 star place I guess you would call boutique style, very popular, swimming pool, spa etc. Bargain at around USD 130. You can find those on www.asiaoz.com