Search

Hotel Suggestions in Fiji

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Suggestions in Fiji

After two and a half weeks in New Zealand and Sydney, we're stopping over in Fiji for five nights in early March for some R & R before returning to the wintry midwest. Has anyone stayed in the past year or so in a hotel which they might recommend? We're interested in a nice beach, with tasteful accommodations, hopefully with an ocean view, and with access to off-site restaurants. We'd like to keep the cost to a high of $300.-$325. We'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 02:55 AM

www.booking.com great site for you with honest reviews

Raffles Gateway my fav from $90 deals on priceline.com

Sofitel is nice best usually bout 2X the Raffles...
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 08:49 PM

My DH and I did the same thing last January. We spent two and a half weeks in Sydney & New Zealand and stopped for five nights in Fiji before we returned to California. We had a wonderful stay at the Bedarra Beach Inn on the Coral Coast. We were celebrating our anniversary, so we asked for the Deluxe Honeymoon room (same cost as the deluxe room, but about twice the size and a balcony twice the size). We paid about $80 per night for the ocean view room. We could eat at the hotel, but there were several small restaurants within walking distance. We snorkeled every morning in the lagoon in front of the hotel. Staff was wonderful and very helpful. It is not a luxury hotel, but a small gem. Check it out: http://www.bedarrafiji.com/Bula-Welcome.htm
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to both qwovadis and BarbAnn for your input. We were wondering if there is a nice sandy beach at Bedarra Beach Inn, as its name implies. Thanks!
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 07:30 PM

It has a small beach. We never had a problem leaving our towels, etc. on the beach while we snorkeled. Hubby & I have snorkeled throughout the world and the snorkeling at the Bedarra Beach Inn almost rivaled the Great Barrier Reef. I can still see the blue starfish that were everywhere. We also sat a lot under the palm trees about five feet above the beach. Bedarra Beach Inn is within walking distance to the Fiji Outrigger. I would not hesitate to go back there. It was an exceptional value.