Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Australia & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

Honeymoon in Tahiti & Bora Bora on Noverbember 18, 2000 ( during "winter" season)???

Honeymoon in Tahiti & Bora Bora on Noverbember 18, 2000 ( during "winter" season)???

Old May 16th, 2000, 10:18 AM
Susan Chong

My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon. We really have our hearts set on going to the French Polynesia island for 15 days, but friends and co-workers are warning us of the 'winter' (raining season ). How much will it rain durin the winter months and will it rain all day long or does it rain intermittantly? If not French Polynesia island what other locations are suitable for honeymooners looking to spend snokel and relax in not too "touristy" area??? Any feedbacks are welcome. Thanks!!!

Old May 17th, 2000, 07:25 PM
Tim

Susan, I was in Tahiti last year in early December, the weather was great! The "rainy season" starts in November and lasts till early May. It didn't rain once during my ten day trip, even if you get an afternoon storm, your in paradise and enjoy it! <BR>I will be going again this year and returning on the day you arrive, enjoy your honeymoon! <BR>Tim

Old May 23rd, 2000, 09:15 PM
Paul

Hi, I've been to Bora, Bora and Moorea four times; three times during the "rainy" season and each time it was wonderful. However, it CAN rain so there is a risk, but unless things go crazy [which does not happen often], with a 15 day honeymoon you should have lots and lots of great weather. Where are you planing on staying?

Old Jul 31st, 2000, 08:35 PM
Gail

My husband and I went to Bora Bora and Moorea last year in early December and it was beautiful..perfect. We stayed at the Park Royal Overwater Bungalows and loved the rooms. It sounds like we will have t go back again to stay in even another hotel according to previous posts. We preferred Bora Bora for the quiet, non-touristy feel, Moorea was nice, but busier, and Tahiti Park Royal was a little too loud for us. We were ther for such a short time it did not matter though. I envy you, you are going to have a great time!

Old Aug 2nd, 2000, 06:00 PM
Debi

We went to FP in January of last year. We worried, as you are, about the weather - but I spoke to someone from there and they said to never let the weather predictions impact your decision on when to go. They were right. It was gorgeous. It did rain one night (only overnight - never during the day). It was absolutely fabulous! I would stick with your plan, it will be a trip you will never forget!

Old Aug 3rd, 2000, 05:17 PM
Concetta

I think it might just come down to luck. We just returned from our 15 day honeymoon today - not the "rainy season". It rained about 8-9 of the 15 days. <BR> <BR>I hope you have better luck with the weather. <BR> <BR>P.S. - Regardless, we had a fabulous time in Paradise.