Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Australia & the Pacific
Reload this Page > Honemoon 12-1 to 12-20, New Zealand and Australia, Advice and Help on our Itinerary is appreciated

Honemoon 12-1 to 12-20, New Zealand and Australia, Advice and Help on our Itinerary is appreciated

Feb 7th, 2003, 09:51 AM
Original Poster

Honemoon 12-1 to 12-20, New Zealand and Australia, Advice and Help on our Itinerary is appreciated

Wellington and Queenstown for 7 days, what are your thoughts..

Author: Honeymoon03
Date: 02/07/2003, 01:37 pm
Message: Hi, my fiancé and I are traveling to New Zealand for seven nights, and six days from December 1st to the 7th and then off to Australia for Two weeks (thirteen nights and 12 Days) Dec. 7th - 20th. Here is our itinerary: Any feedback and help is appreciated.

WELLINGTON TO WHAREKAUHAU LODGE
3 night stay

Any thoughts on this place? We hear it is fantastic.

Then FLY WELLINGTON TO QUEENSTOWN
THE HERITAGE QUEENSTOWN-STUDIO 1 BEDROOM SUITE - LAKEVIEW
4 night stay

Any thoughts on this place?

Activities:

-MILFORD SOUND (FLY/FLY)
-THE DART RIVER SAFARI (PICTURE PAK)

QUEENSTOWN TO Sydney, Rest of trip includes:

5 Nights in Lizard Island (is this better then Haymen Island? if so why?)
-Sunset Villa or Anchor Bay rooms?
2 Nights Silky Oaks
3 nights Badarra Island
3 nights Sydney
-PARK HYATT SYDNEY or FOUR SEASONS?

-DELUXE ROOM - OPERA HOUSE VIEW if at PH
-SYDNEY'S WATERWAYS & WILDLIFE (we want to pet and feed Koala Bears and Kangaroos (any suggestions please)
-BRIDGE CLIMB

Back to New York

Please tell me all you know.. We cant wait!
Feb 9th, 2003, 06:35 PM

I have heard that you want the Anchor Bay Suites for the best room choice from others who have been. The reason being is that they are private yet right on the beach. The Sunset Villa is set way up high with "obstructed" views of the sunset which to me is a waste but it was done so for privacy.

As far as Sydney hotels, we found out that the Park Hyatt is the "best" but the Four Seasons offers the same luxury within a closer proximity to Circular Quay - quicker walk to the main ferries and other stuff.

As far as petting Koalas and Kangaroos consider the Heritage Zoo (or something close to that ) up in Kuranda -- you'd go there while at Silky Oaks. There I believe you can hold them. Taronga Zoo in Syndey is supposedly very great as well but not sure about holding/touching them.

Your itinerary sounds great. We are doing Sydney 6 nights, Port Douglas 4 nights and Lizard for 5 for our HM in June. Enjoy! Dawn
Feb 10th, 2003, 07:15 PM

I'm sure the Park Hyatt is great and either that or the Four Seasons would be a great choice, but I stayed at the Four Seasons a couple years ago in a Harbor View room (I think it was called the Regent back then) and it was amazing. Great view and the best service I've ever experienced. The location can't be beat either, we were close to everything it seemed. Have a great trip!

Search this Thread