Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Australia & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

HELP! My boyfriend has seen the price of 1 and 2 day trips to Kangaroo Island! How can I convince him it's worth the money?

Search

HELP! My boyfriend has seen the price of 1 and 2 day trips to Kangaroo Island! How can I convince him it's worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 03:15 AM
Sonia

Hi<BR><BR>Am planning the costs for my round the world trip and Kangaroo Island sticks out as being a lot of money for a day/2 day trip.<BR><BR>I'd like to convince Jim that this price is normal and worth it (although I don't really think he'd make us miss it out). I really just want to justify the cost. Be grateful for any help.<BR><BR>Many thanks<BR><BR>Sonia

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 03:38 AM
Alan

Hi, Sonia!<BR>Maybe you've been quoted a &quot;rich-UK-tourist&quot; price; before you try and talk him into it, look at www.bugaustralia.com/destinations/au-sakan.html. There you will see described a tour from Daniel's which costs $220 for the two days. Tell your boy friend that this is only equivalent to about $US60 per night, and I can't see how he could complain about the expense. Good luck!

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 03:40 AM
Alan

And if that doesn't work, tell him that, at that price, you could both spend FOUR days on Kangaroo Island for the money it will cost you for one room for one night at the Hyatt!

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 04:53 AM
Debbie

Hi Sonia--<BR>I went w/Adventure Charters of Kangaroo Is. and HIGHLY recommend them. I'm not sure what that portion of my trip cost as it was part of a 'package'...<BR><BR>I think I've told you in past posts that KI was one of the most special parts of my trip. Am sooooo glad I went there! If you want, have him email me w/any questions. <BR><BR>Debbie<BR><BR>PS And of all the things you can see in Australia, KI is very unique. It's like nothing you get at home! I can't imagine going halfway round the world and missing the opportunity to go there.

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 11:02 PM
Iris

I was in Australia two years ago and my stay in Kangaroo Island was a highlight of my trip. Fairy Penguins, wallabys at your door for breakfast, beautiful untouched places where the plants and animal life have never been messed with. It's enchanting and worth all the money. I am returning to Australia next month and Kangaroo Island is on my list of &quot;must return to&quot; places. Enjoy!!!!

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 11:59 AM
Aussie

Hi Sonia,<BR>Have a look at this site.<BR>www.regionalexpress.com.au<BR>(Rex) are offering Return flights from Adelaide to Kingston (Kangaroo Island) 2. nights accom at a choice of four hotels- Kangaroo Island Seafront, Kangaroo Island Wilderness Resort, Ozone Seafront Hotel or Kangaroo Island Lodge.<BR>Valid until 24th. Dec. 2002.<BR><BR>There would be other packages available throughout the year.<BR>This advert. is in the Melbourne. Sun. Newspaper. Sunday.17th.Nov.<BR>I hope this helps a little with your plans.<BR>

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 11:01 AM
Dawn

I went to Kangaroo Island on a full 2 day/2 night tour with Adventure Charters and it was my favorite part of our month long trip to Oz. Even though Adventure Charters is one of the more expensive tour companies on the island, it is well worth it. The group was limited to 6 and on the second day we only had 4 people. We saw lots of other groups in huge buses with about 30 people in a group. It was great having such a small group for many reasons including the fact that we could drive our Land Rover through the mud to access out of the way places. I recommend going on a tour because otherwise finding more unusual wildlife could be difficult.<BR><BR>I cannot say enough positive things about the tour company and KI. We saw a greater diversity of wildlife on KI than we saw in the Kakadu or in Daintree.<BR><BR>