HELP!!

Jan 13th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

HELP!!

I'm getting married in October in Australia, Tropical North Queensland and am in a bit of a quandry!!
I had my heart set on Kewarra Beach, as the wedding album looks fab, and then there was the Sebel Reef House which looks nice but the wedding venue isnt very special. The Thala Beach Lodge is another choice but the photos dont give much away and it looks very 'bushy'

Just wanted some pro's and cons for each to help me make my decision. I've heard Kewarra needs a facelift, Sebel isnt very private and Thala is a bit hilly!! Please help!!
Jan 13th, 2004, 12:07 PM

How many guests do you envisage? That is, how much flat space do you see yourself needing?
Jan 13th, 2004, 04:01 PM

Hi lydzyB - Thala Lodge is lovely and a lot of locals have their wedding reception there. It is on a hill (which is why the view is so spectacular) and the grounds are rather steep down to the beach, Natalie Imbruglia was married there the other day and there was enough flat space for her multitude of guests. You won't get the spectacular view from Kewarra as it's down on the flat. Angsana Resort and Spa has a beachside wedding chapel at Palm Cove - The Horizon at Mission Beach (about 1 and a half hours south of Cairns) has at least as a spectacular view as Thala. Zanzoo Retreat is a lovely old renovated Queensland home and whilst by no means beachfront it caters for weddings on 14 acres of beautiful tropical gardens and rainforest - it's on the road to Crystal Cascades about 25 minutes from Cairns city - www.zanzoo.com
Jan 14th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Original Poster

Its only going to be a small wedding, myself and partner and a few close friends, so space isnt a problem. We are having the actual wedding ceremony at one of the hotels but there wont really be a reception, just a few drinks after. We're having professional photos done so obiously we want a picturesque location for our album. obviously we want the most picturesque

Search this Thread