Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Australia & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

Great Barrier Reef snorkeling vs Fiji snorkeling for a 2 week honeymoon?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2015, 07:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Everyone!
My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for late August/early September next year and we are very interested in both Fiji and Queensland as options. Our main focus is going to be snorkeling, but since we are going for two weeks, we would like to have other options for activities as well. My main question is the difference in snorkeling quality between the Great Barrier Reef and Fiji. We are thinking about going to the Mamanucas and/or Yasawa Islands in Fiji.

I have been to Lizard Island in the GBR and thought it was just spectacular. I really appreciate the variety and healthiness of the coral there. We would love to go there, but the prices are pretty high and I don't think we'll make it there. Any advice on snorkeling Lizard vs other places on the GBR. Also has anyone been to both the GBR and Fiji and have advice on how the snorkeling compares between the two?

We really appreciate any advice and help, we are trying to make this the perfect trip!
Old May 24th, 2015, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May I suggest, The InterContinental Fiji, http://fiji.intercontinental.com/rec...ng-snorkeling? They offer a lot of different recreational activities like snorkeling, diving and other water sports. Another cool feature especially for the 'romantic' aspect of your honeymoon is their intimate dining where you both get to dine exclusively in their cabana or under the stars poolside, with a private butler and no one else around. Seems like you could still do quite a bit without having to travel much once you get to Natadola. Congratulations!