Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Australia & the Pacific (https://www.fodors.com/community/australia-and-the-pacific/)
-   -   PR Aitutaki comparable to Namale/Yasawa? (https://www.fodors.com/community/australia-and-the-pacific/google-page-ranking-aitutaki-comparable-to-namale-yasawa-569994/)

missrocco Nov 9th, 2005 10:03 PM

PR Aitutaki comparable to Namale/Yasawa?

I was almost set on booking a trip to Fiji for my honeymoon, until I started reading up about Pacific Resort Aitutaki -- which looks fabulous. In fact, from the pictures, the accommodations look like they may even be more luxurious than those at Namale/Yasawa.

Can someone who has been to some or all of these places draw any comparisons for me? Any insight is appreciated.

Since it's our honeymoon we are most concered about feeling pampered -- ie, luxurious room, beautiful beach and/or pool for lounging, friendly service and good food.

Thanks!

missrocco Nov 10th, 2005 09:24 AM

darn, where is lord balfor when you need him!

:)

LordBalfor Nov 10th, 2005 12:16 PM

Hi,

I'm here now.

Okay, not been to Fiji so cannot compare the Aitutaki PR to anything there. Also, the Aitutaki PR was not quite open when I was on the island so again I can't say I all that familiar with the place.

However - even then it was clear it was going to be a a fabulous resort and everything I've read read since then has backed up my early prediction that the Aitutaki PR was going to be THE place in the Cook Islands.

I can say that the beach there is terrific and I would say you'll likely enjoy yourselves.

Sorry I can't tell you more.

Ken

missrocco Nov 10th, 2005 01:21 PM

thanks lord b! i knew you'd come through. :)

the resort sure does look fabulous.

LordBalfor Nov 10th, 2005 01:46 PM

You're welcome (not that I was really able to tell you too much).

Note - the PR on Rarotonga is not nearly as new nor as nice.

Ken

PeggyE Nov 15th, 2005 10:36 AM

I have stayed at Namale, Vatulele & Turtle in Fiji and a semi-overwater bungalow at the Aitutaki Lagoon resort (didn't Pearl beach own them for awhile?) and Pacific resort but on Raro. The one on Aitutaki was just being built them. Hmmm, for a honeymoon, Namale is heavenly BUT the beach is not the best. My favorite was Vatulele for unbelievably friendly people, superb food, service, seclusion, beach, snokeling. Aitutaki lagoon is fantastic but the weather is more iffy there, more southernly. No pool at Vatulele though...but with your own stretch of beach, who needs it! It's hard to give advise, everyone is different but if you decide on Pacific Resort, let us know how it goes!

LordBalfor Nov 15th, 2005 01:14 PM

Peggy - The place was originally called the Aitutaki Lagoon Resort. It was sold to Pearl Beach Resorts in 2001 or so, then a year or so ago it was sold to the folks that own the Rarotongan Resort on Rarotonga and reverted back to the name of "Aitutaki Lagoon Resort".

So yes, it used to be a Pearl Beach.

Ken

PeggyE Nov 16th, 2005 08:11 AM

Interesting Ken, thanks, it was a Pearl Beach when we were there. The place was great but hope they have improved the food!

global1974 Mar 26th, 2006 01:53 PM

We recently tried Pacific Resort Aitutaki and it is fantastic. Nothing more to say other than heavenly perfection in every sense. Up there with the best in the world.