Notices

Fraser Island or Coffs harbour

May 20th, 2016, 10:44 AM
Original Poster

Fraser Island or Coffs harbour

Hi, we are traveling to Australia in July with 2 kids and are planning to do Sydney and Cairns. We have a few days in between and wanted to spend time in Fraser Island and/or Cairns. We are arriving into Brisbane from Cairns and have 4 days including the day of arrival (we get it at 8am in the morning, so have the entire day) and leave from Coffs Harbour to Sydney on the 5th day. We were wondering if we should fly from Brisbane to Hervey Bay immediately and then ferry onto Fraser Island and spend 3 nights there and then fly from Hervey Bay back to Brisbane /drive down to coffs Harbour on the 4th day to leave the next day to Sydney or just drive to Noosa and do a day trip into Fraser island. Which would be nicer? this is our anniversary trip and would like it to be relaxing and beautiful
May 20th, 2016, 04:11 PM

As I read your question, it seems you have four days to spare between Brisbane and Coffs Harbour. Whilst Fraser Island is an interesting place to visit, I think you would all get more enjoyment from using those four days to wander down the coast from Brisbane to Coffs. There are some lovely beachside areas which the kids would love, plus some spectacular hinterland scenery.
The Fraser Island option involves complicated travel arrangements and a lot more cost. If you take that option, then fly to Coffs from Brisbane - the alternative would be a very long and tiring day.
May 20th, 2016, 11:17 PM

a day trip from Sunshine coast is possible -I think its worth going there as its so different . -the dingos, the terrain, getting there and 4 wheel driving around the island and the beautiful lake for a swim.

Search this Thread