First Time Fiji - Travel Tips?

Feb 7th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Original Poster

First Time Fiji - Travel Tips?

Hello, me and my girlfriend will be making our way from Ottawa Ontario to Australia this coming September 2010. We plan to do a short stop over in Fiji (approx. 4-5 days), since we are trying our best to stay on a budget, I was wondering if anyone might have some good info/tips on where to stay and maybe a couple relatively budget friendly things to see/do while we are there. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Feb 14th, 2010, 09:12 PM

I have been to Fiji 3 times now(from Australia). The last 2 times before we have done our main thing , that is explore the Yasawa Islands, we made our base in Nadi at a place called Smugglers Cove, the last time and its sister accommodation next door the previous time ( can't remember its name) Smugglers web sight is smugglersbeachfiji.com . It has both dormitories and twin share en-suite rooms. the rates on the en-suite rooms are currently $115 Fijian or about $61 Canadian a night for the 2 of you incl. a continental breakfast.It is on the beach (good for swimming but no snorkelling),it has a pool and a fine restaurant ,it was I think about $8F. taxi into Nadi, or less than $1 by bus (not many).they will pick yo up at the airport (free).They also have free entertainment. The meals at the sister accom. next door( owned by the same bloke) has much cheaper meals.We are elderly and found the accom. superb.
There are a number of day trips to the near islands from Nadi that have good snorkelling. There are many other day trips you can do from there.
Mar 20th, 2010, 05:40 PM

I'd suggest a stay at Tubakula Beach Resort. There are very affordable accommodations plus a pool, mini mart, and nearby bars/restaurants. I've been going there for several years and really find it hard to stay elsewhere. I won't quote prices since you can find it online but it can be very affordable. And if it were any closer to the water you'd need to sleep with a snorkel. Near Sigatoka (5km) and closer yet to Korotogo. Let me know what you think....

Search this Thread