Final blessing NZ SI with kids

Aug 31st, 2006, 03:51 PM
Original Poster

Final blessing NZ SI with kids

Hi All,
Looking for final blessing on our itiniery after lots of thought and input from you guys.
Day 1 - Nov 24 fly to Christchurch arr 12.30 am
Day 2 - either hang around Christchurch or head to Akaroa, stay christchurch because of late arrival
Day3 - tranz alpine to Greymouth - pick up car head to Fox Glacier with detour to Pancake Rocks depending on the weather.
Day 4- hopefully heli hike or glacier walk(depending on the weather).Stay Fox Glacier
Day 5 - drive Haast Pass with stops. Stay Wanaka
Day 6 Drive to Te Anau - 2pm Glow worm trip. Stay Te Anau
Day 7 - Milford sound drive/walks. Stay Te Anau
Day 8 - Drive to manapouri to board overnight Doubtful Sound boat trip
Day 9 - leave boat trip lunch time. Drive to Queenstown. Possibly do Gondola ride etc up top.Stay Queenstown
Day 10 - Possibly drive to Glenorchy- dart river boat trip which combines jet boat / rafting/rainforest walk or Shotover trip or steamer or ?? Stay Queenstown
Day 11 - whatever there is left to do in and around Queenstown. Maybe watch bungy jumps etc . Fly to Christchurch 5pm
Day 12 - fly to Sydney 7.30am
Any additions / eliminations welcome !!
Aug 31st, 2006, 05:46 PM

Hi Wallos -

Your itinerary looks good to me. Plenty to keep you busy in Queenstown -highly recommend the Dart River Safari.

Have a great trip!
Aug 31st, 2006, 09:39 PM

Dear Wallos,
Your trip is very similar to our plans. We arrive CCH Nov. 17 and follow same route as you except go to FJ and not Milford Sounds. We will end up in Dunedin to do the ELM Wildlife Tour which I keep hearing is a must then will fly to Auckland. We are still planning 2 1/2 days around ACK. If anyone has suggestions I have a post titled Ideas around Auckland.

Search this Thread