Fiji on a budget?!

Old Feb 17th, 2000, 12:38 PM
Lee

Fiji on a budget?!

Is this possible? Fiji on a "Hawaii budget"?
My fiance and I do not have a ton of money to spend on our honeymoon, but do NOT want to do Hawaii or Mexico. Our wedding is in October.
Any suggestions? Our we barking up the wrong tree?

Old Feb 17th, 2000, 01:23 PM
Lee

Oops. I mean, "ARE we barking up the wrong tree?".
Thanks.

Old Feb 17th, 2000, 04:06 PM
Louis

Budget means a lot of things to different people. If you lumped all transportion, food, incidental, booze, and room costs together, how much would you like to spend for how many days with money left for more important things when you get back home? Remember, your life together really starts after the honeymoon. With that kind of info if might be possible to make comment.

Old Feb 18th, 2000, 08:23 AM
lisa

There is an article on "Fiji on a budget" in this month's issue of Frommer's "Budget Travel" magazine, available on newstands, or you can read it at www.frommers.com

Old Mar 6th, 2000, 07:02 PM
David Stanley

Fiji can be very inexpensive if you're flexible and willing to 'rough it' a little. Check http://www.fiji4less.com for their 'Bula Fiji' starter packages which include airport transfers and the first few nights accommodations. Also visit http://www.southpacific.org/fiji.html for other leads.

Old Mar 8th, 2000, 03:33 PM
Abby

How about the Bahamas? My fiance and I had an awesome visit there. We both loved the hustle and bustle of Nassau, as well as the tranquility of the out island, the Abacos. At one point it was me, him and a mile of white beach and turquoise water--unbelievably gorgeous! Perhaps not as cheap as Mexico, but less expensive than Fiji and possibly Hawaii. Snorkeling and diving is awesome!