Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Australia & the Pacific
Reload this Page > Dress For Success - Sydney, Melbourne, Mornington Peninsula & Brisbane
Notices

Dress For Success - Sydney, Melbourne, Mornington Peninsula & Brisbane

May 23rd, 2012, 12:29 AM
Original Poster

Dress For Success - Sydney, Melbourne, Mornington Peninsula & Brisbane

Not a slick Corporate Dress programme for budding executives .... a great organisation helping disadvantaged women dress for the jobs they're interviewing for and in the first stage of their employment.

They also give advice on interviewing skills & other areas to assist people newly arrived/released from gaol/detention centres/ re-entering the workforce/ unaccustomed to corporate culture.

I'll post this on the Lounge, but there are a lot of Fodorites who don't visit it and who would regularly recycle exactly what DFS is looking for.

* Good quality suits & office wear.
* "Smart casual" wear.

Have a look at their website : http://www.dressforsuccess.org/whatwedo.aspx

If you wear a suit to work, you'll probably be refurbishing your wardrobe for Winter.

How about giving those "lovely but I never wear them" things to someone who will LOVE you for it?
May 24th, 2012, 09:17 PM

I've given to this organization often. It's a great way to help out while at the same time giving your closet a clean sweep!
May 25th, 2012, 03:24 PM
dkw

Thanks for the link Bokhara!! I just last week saw a story on the news about Dress For Success. I was familiar with their work in the states, but didn't realise they were here as well.

The timing is perfect! I have recently lost a substantial bit of weight ( YAY!) and have some gently used suits and dresses to donate.
May 25th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Original Poster

Hi dkw, congratulations on the weight loss!

Wouldn't it be great if we could drop the excess kgs as easily as excess clothes? I rather like the idea of dropping a few selected "gently used" kgs off at a convenient collection point.

The DFS in Marrickville has good parking in the back yard, I can't remember the name of the street, but ask when you call them.

You're right, Toucan2, it's a win for everyone. I recycle just about all my clothes, and am so happy to be able to direct the business items to women entering/re-entering the field.

Search this Thread