Search

Port Douglas Accomodation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 01:58 PM
infoseeker

Port Douglas Accomodation

Hi folks, I am trying to decide between Hibiscus Gardens and Port douglas terrace - the terrace seems to have ocean views which is something we would love to enjoy - just couldn't find a lot of info on room quality and distance from PD center.<BR><BR>We are looking for something less than AUD $180.<BR><BR>any help will be appreciated!

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 11:03 PM
Sophie

I am trying to make the same decision...the hibiscus website makes the place look much nicer, but I would prefer an ocean view if the hotel is nice. I would also like to add the PortSea into the mix...is this one even better than Port Douglas Terrace or Hibiscus Gardens. How would the three rank? Thanks for you help!!

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 12:01 AM
Aussie

At Port Douglas there are very few accom. with a sea view.<BR>Most resorts are set out of town.<BR>If the Terrace is what I am thinking of it is one of the few with views &amp; very easy walk to the PD.Centre.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 02:30 AM
Joyce15

We decided to stay at Hibiscus when we visit this August. My Australian friend stayed there last summer and loved it. Perfect location--walk to beach and town. I think they also added a spa recently.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 02:10 PM
Mina

Sorry I can't help with the other accommodations...<BR><BR>I did stay at Hibiscus and really liked it. It is nothing fancy, and no real water views. The website makes it look nicer than it is, which is not to say it isn't nice. It's a perfectly serviceable apt.<BR><BR>The furniture is not posh...just basic. Some units have a patio, which is nice because you can eat outside. <BR><BR>I personally wouldn't pay extra for a water view. I understand that for many, it adds to the vacation feel, but Port Douglas was really one place where I was never in my room! I never even used their pool once. There's so much to do in P.D. (diving during the day, eating out at night), you'll just use the room for sleeping. Unless....<BR><BR>You want something romantic (plush bed, etc.) Then it may be worth going for something a little nicer. The bottom line for me was something that was close to both the Marina and Macrossan Street. Hibiscus fit that bill.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 05:17 PM
bruce

what about the peninsula hotel that is right on the beach with ocean views

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 09:17 AM
infoseeker

thanks all for the responses. <BR><BR>I looked at the Peninsula - its quite expensive - double the rate i was looking for.