Christmas lunch in Sydney-help!

Nov 28th, 2002, 12:20 PM
Kevin

Christmas lunch in Sydney-help!

Hello all, back again! Tried this question before but it must have been too early. We are arriving in Sydney from USA (Calif) X-mas morning and would like a great and comfortable lunch. We're at the ANA and I have their menu as well as The Waterfront/Wolfie's Grill/Bambu's. I e-mailed Doyles but no response. I've also heard that Level 41 is excellent...any help out there? Thank you in advance

Nov 28th, 2002, 02:50 PM
X

What kind of food are you after?

Nov 28th, 2002, 06:36 PM
Kevin

Good food! Not too exotic-tasty-nice view-just a nice setting with seafod or steak or traditional stuff. That's not too vague is it?

Nov 28th, 2002, 09:34 PM
x

You might want to try these places, but call first because I don't know if they're open on Christmas.

Bathers Pavilion, Balmoral Beach - right on the water at Balmoral, doesnt have a view of the city but rather the ocean. Incredible food & excellent wine list - phone 612 9969 5050

Boathouse on Blackwattle Bay - in Glebe - a "reverse" view of the city, on the water. Just reviewed in the sydney morning herald's good living section - www.smh.com.au Phone 612 9518 9011

Wildfire - new, in the overseas passenger terminal in circular quay. I haven't eaten there yet but it is quite trendy/food is supposed to begood. You can have drinks at Cruise Bar next door.

Catalina -
situated in (over) the harbor in rose bay - excellent seafood, you can take the ferry there from circular quay. 612 9375 0555

Aqua Luna - in circular quay, italian-ish food. good wine list. 612 9251 0311

Aria - another one in circular quay, excellent food, huge wine list - 612 9252 2555.

Hope that helps!

Search this Thread