Brisbane

Old Oct 21st, 2013, 05:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brisbane

will be there in the early summer ( late november) and I staying for 1 day layover...what to do..?? Ala Anthony Bourdain....
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 08:32 PM

Not sure what you mean by that "Bourdain" reference ?

What are you after? What tickles your fancy? Big-city stuff (www.au.timeout.com/brisbane)? Nearby beaches (Caloundra, Noosa, others)? Close encounters with 'roos and koalas (www.koala.net‎)? Lovely countryside, like around Tamborine mountain in the hinterland of the Gold Coast, with a rainforest skywalk (www.rainforestskywalk.com.au)? A legal broth... ahem, I meant a house of ill repute (www.theviperroom.com.au‎, http://montecito.net.au, http://templeofpleasures.com.au, www.club26.com.au)? Horse racing (www.brc.com.au)? Aussie Rules footie (www.lions.com.au)? Cricket (www.thegabba.com.au)?
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 03:04 AM

So food it is! Stick to the city precinct - Eagle Street pier features some very fine restaurants including Matt Moran's Aria Restaurant

www.eaglestreetpier.com.au/

Right next door is Riverside centre with more dining. You can head across the river to Southbank where restaurants such as Stokehouse will impress.

Mixed in with all these fine restaurants are many many more that are not quite so 'upmarket' as those I've mentioned above. A lot happens at Southbank along with a multitude of restaurants there's the museum and gallery of modern art, performing arts centre, beautiful riverside walk, there's a swimming beach patrolled by surf Lifesavers and there's even a surf club - right In the middle of the city.
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Original Poster

aloha my friend just what I like