Search

Where to go for vacation in Australia?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2015, 11:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to go for vacation in Australia?

Hello guys,

I am planning to visit Australia for 4 days trip with my 5 friends. It is not a long holiday and so I'm confused between three destinations -

1. Sydney Opera House
2. Great Barrier Reef
3. Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park

Which one of the above destinations is worth visiting?
Old Sep 3rd, 2015, 01:30 AM

So you're coming from USA to Australia for 4 days ??? I assume that's not allowing for the 2 days travel to and from .
Old Sep 3rd, 2015, 05:15 AM

They are all worth visiting, but we need more information. At the very least, provide the following:

1. Dates of travel
2. Location from where you are traveling
3. Your interests

We need to know the dates of travel because I wouldn't recommend going to Uluru or the GBR during the Australian summer. We also need to know exactly how much time you have on the ground in Australia.

We need to know where you are traveling from because it doesn't matter much if you are popping over from NZ, but it matters greatly if you are traveling all the way from the States.

We need to know your interests because, for example, it makes little sense to recommend the GBR if none of you like beaches or swimming.
Old Sep 3rd, 2015, 06:25 AM

Sydney, Bondi, all that stuff you.can fit in while being drunk for two days. You won't even need a hotel,, as people with this agenda usually just sleep on the beach or in a doorway somewhere, much to the disgust of the locals.

How about you don't spend 4 days in Sydney, just sleep at the airport?
Old Sep 3rd, 2015, 10:40 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll be reaching to Australia(Brisbane) on 13th (Sunday) and will come back on 18th morning. So, I have 4 days straight for exploring Australia. Anything worth seeing in Australia will be appreciated!
Old Sep 4th, 2015, 02:04 AM

13 th of what month? And where are you coming from?
Old Sep 4th, 2015, 08:43 PM

You're not making it very easy for us to advise you, GreatJourneys. But knowing that there is a Sunday the 13th only in September and December of 2015 and March and November of 2016, I'm going to take a wild guess and assume that you are coming in December. (Surely you aren't asking for advice on a trip you plan to take next week.)

If my hunch is right, there's no need to even know what your interests are in order to tell you which of your three stated destinations you should visit. It's way too hot at Uluru in December to go there. And the GBR region in December is hot, humid, and rainy (with chance of cylcones). It's also stinger (deadly jellyfish) season. I wouldn't recommend going there either. So, by process of elimination, that leaves Sydney.

Pick up a guidebook or look at the Sydney Tourism website to see what there is to see and do there. www.syndey.com
Old Sep 5th, 2015, 10:42 AM

I find myself a little annoyed by this question. Of course, all destinations mentioned are “worth visiting”. If you can’t take the time to give us a little more info to work with, why would anyone take the time to reply? But don’t worry, I’m not Australian, and I’m sure the locals you encounter will be happy to see you, no matter where you go.
Old Sep 5th, 2015, 01:06 PM

And if it's the 13th of September, I'd head for North Queensland!
Old Sep 5th, 2015, 04:20 PM

Why on earth would you travel around 24 hours each way to spend 4 days in a country the same size as USA.

I think a sensible re-think is in order.
Old Sep 7th, 2015, 07:23 PM

You have completed your Australia journey, please share your experience with us so that it will help us in our future...http://bit.ly/1MisY6u
Old Sep 8th, 2015, 02:41 AM

I don’t expect we will hear from the OP again, JosephLister. My guess is that this is group of young guys who are travelling around SE Asia and decided on a whim to check out Australia. And my bet is that it is this month. Chances are we will never know.
Old Sep 8th, 2015, 11:17 PM
Original Poster

13th, September, this year. Sorry to have given incomplete information about my journey. Actually we haven't planned our Australia trip thoughtfully, it is all in haste. We have just ordered Australia Road Map from Maps2Anywhere.com today so that we may not get stuck on the way in Australia (it is my ever first visit). Journey will be fast and short. I will visit to Sydney only as 4 days are very less to explore such a big country.
Old Sep 9th, 2015, 03:27 AM

Fast and short is right. If you are arriving in Brisbane, why are you not staying in that area, rather than staying in North Queensland? Do you plan to drive to Sydney? Or are you shilling for Maps2Anywhere? Doesn’t make a lot of sense.
Old Sep 11th, 2015, 11:11 PM
Original Poster

It is because I don't have any relative in Brisbane and I thought it would be pointless to stay at some place where you don't know anyone. My sister in law lives in Sydney, I could stay with her. After meeting a friend at Brisbane I would come back to my objective - to enjoy the popular places in Australia.