Child-sitting

Oct 27th, 1999, 09:15 AM
RW

Child-sitting

I am looking for advice on child-sitting services for travelers in Sydney and Adelaide - we're staying in services apartments, and would like some time w/out the kids in each place - anyone have any thoughts?

Oct 27th, 1999, 09:16 AM
RW

Typo: that should be "serviced" apartments

Oct 28th, 1999, 03:45 PM
Kerry

It depends on the age of the children. I don't know of any babysitting service designed especially for travellers. Your apartment manager may have some contacts. Otherwise, in Sydney a large reputable agency that I have used in the past is Dial an Angel.
Also many local councils operate occasional child minding centres - 3 hours maximum and only for children under 5. If you are staying in the city ring Sydney City Council and ask if they still operate the occasional child minding centre in Hyde Park - it's right in the middle of the city - reservations essential.
If you are visiting during our school holidays (mid Dec to end Jan) local councils operate vacation care centres designed for the children of working parents. These centres are usually open from 8a.m-6p.m. and cater for children 5-12. Prior reservation and pre-payment is essential.
Also, depending on the age of the children you could hire someone to show them "kid" Sydney, the zoo, the aquariam, (both also excellent for adults) Sega world, timezone, roller bladding on Manly esplanade etc.

Good luck and enjoy your visit

Search this Thread