Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Australia & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

Can I tell a Kiwi joke without anyone being offended!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, it's a Kiwi joke but I did think it was cute and funny. Hope you do too!

Two Kiwis, Ian and Craig are walking down a street in Bondi. Ian happens to look in one of the shop windows and sees a sign that catches his eye. The sign said 'Suits $10.00 each, Shirts $4.00 each, Trousers $5.00 per pair.' Ian says to his pal, ' Craig, look! We could buy a whole lot of those, and whin we get beck to InZid, we could make a fortune. Now whin we go unto the shop, you be quiet, okay? Just lit me do all the talking cause uf they hear our accint, they might not be nice to us. I'll speak in my bist Aussie accint.' 'No worries, smiled Craig, I'll keep my mouth shut.' They go in and Ian says, 'I'll take fufty suits et $10.00 each, 100 shirts et $4.00 each, and fufty pairs of trousers et $5.00 each. I'll beck up my truck and...' The owner of the shop interrupts, 'You're from New Zealand , aren't you?' 'Well... yis,' says a surprised Ian. 'How the hill dud you know thet?' The owner says, 'This is a dry cleaners'.
Old Aug 6th, 2008, 11:01 PM

LOL stormbird..and I can laugh as my dad was born in NewZealand and he would have been the first to laugh. Cheers!
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 03:53 AM

Very funny.

I used to work for Dun & Bradstreet writing credit reports. We always put the geographic location in the report. One day there was a shriek of laughter from the typing pool. A colleague had put in the location - Bondi Beach - an eastern suburb of Auckland.
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 06:22 AM

LOL!! t
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 07:23 AM

Ok, so an Aussie goes to New Zealand for a visit. while taking a walk, he notices this Kiwi going at it with a sheep. He walks up to the Kiwi and says, "You know, where I come from, these are for shearing." The Kiwi goes, "No way! I am not sharing this with nobody."
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 03:20 PM

Prime Minister Sir Robert Muldoon famously quipped that "New Zealanders who emigrate to Australia raise the IQ of both countries."