Notices

Cairns to brisbane

Aug 15th, 2016, 05:04 AM
Original Poster

Cairns to brisbane

Hi, next June / July my partner and I are looking to spend two weeks in Australia

We are going to flip into cairns and spend apt he first two weeksish in that area - live aboard, daintree and the outback

Firstly I am struggling to find any outback safaris for only 3-5 days that are affordable - we are happy to slum it a bit, don't need mod cons etc but want to be immersed in the nature and see lots of wildlife; any ideas?

We are then thinking of hiring a campervan for the last week and driving towards Brisbane to go to airlie beach, Noosa and Fraser Island - is this doable in a week or should we just fly to Brisbane to do Noosa and Fraser Island? If we did drive is there anything else really worth seeing on the way? Not into much tourist stuff, more nature and wildlife

Thanks
Aug 15th, 2016, 06:47 AM
Original Poster

We would also like to take a couple of days tour of cape York but I'm struggling to find any tours of cape York or the outback (gulf of Savannah) that are more than one day but less than a week; we won't have a car in cairns either; any advice?
Aug 16th, 2016, 10:00 PM

Have a look at this website. There is a Billy Tea tour for three days/two nights which may be suitable.

https://www.outbackfree.com.au/outback-tours
Aug 17th, 2016, 03:27 PM

Driving Cairns-Brisbane could be great if you're not in a hurry. The thing is - there's always a nice beach nearby if you take the time to stop and ask, and to go a bit out of your way if that's what's needed. Straight through it's about 20 hours, but if you break it down into four or five days in your camper, you'll have a really nice time.

Search this Thread