cairns hotel for a night?

Jun 7th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Original Poster

cairns hotel for a night?

Hello all -

We'll be spending the final night of our Australian honeymoon in Cairns before an early, early morning flight through Brisbane back to the US. Any recommendations on hotels that have easy airport access? Our flight is at an obnoxiously early 5:30am. Thanks!

Sarah
Jun 7th, 2004, 09:11 PM

ozwild.
We recently stayed at Lilybank B&B in the north end of town, not far from the airport. Pat Woolford ( and her husband Mike) is a frequent correspondent and really makes people feel at home. One of our favorite restaurants, the Garden Room. is a 5 minute walk from the B&B.

AndrewDavid
Jun 7th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Original Poster

Do you know if there is any nightly minimum? I've seent Pat's posts all over the place and would love to spend a night there. I assume it's possible to grab a quick taxi to the airport that early in the morning?
Jun 8th, 2004, 12:40 PM

Dear ozwild,

'm sure there is no minimum and its a short taxi ride to the airport which is also on the north side of town. www.lilybank.com.au.

If you go to the Garden Room, please say hello to the gracious Phoebe for me.

Congrat's on your wedding. Where else are you going on your trip?

AndrewDavid
Jun 8th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Original Poster

Hi AndrewDavid,

I've read your posts with great interest as well -- sounds like you had a lot of fun!

We're flying out of San Francisco to spend 5 nights in Sydney. I haven't really decided what all we're doing here but it should be enough times for all of the major points. I'm thinking we'll probably stay at the B&B Sydney Harbour although I haven't settled on this yet since the room with a view is already taken

Then we have decided to drop our entire "original" budget on 4 nights at Lizard Island. This is followed by a couple days on a wildlife tour with Jonathan Munro and some time up in the Port Douglas area at Marae B&B.

Any suggestions on the details would be quite welcome. I thought the "play postie for a day" trip sounded pretty fun although I'm sure there's plenty to keep us busy locally.

I'm getting very excited about the whole thing as I've finally started making reservations. Australia should be a great place for combining our two different vacation styles (I like seeing everything possible and my fiance likes to sit and relax).

Anyway, that's a long answer to your question
Jun 9th, 2004, 04:52 AM

I have often stayed at Coral Cay Villa, very friendly, great apartment style rooms, make sure you book your cab the night before.