Notices

Brisbane

Dec 31st, 2012, 11:43 PM
Original Poster

Brisbane

I am staying with family over festive season in Brisbane. A visitor from Scotland..have been a few times before. They go back to work shortly and I have a few days on my own.. I have done the usual tourist stuff in Brisbane but was thinking about some day trips. I seen one from Buschwacker ecotours that takes you on a daytrip to Springbrook Rainforest and to see the glow worms. Can anyone suggest any others that i could do in a day or recommend companies?

Thanks
Jollydee
Jan 1st, 2013, 01:25 AM

Springbrook is beautiful. A day trip to north Stradbroke Island would also be very nice as would a day trip to Tangalooma.
The Outback Spectacular is a wonderful experience/show.
Tamborine Mountain
Binna Burra
Jan 1st, 2013, 01:37 PM

Agree with stormbird. But I would add one of my favorite places in the Gold Coast Hinterland: O'Reilly's Guesthouse (Green Mountains). Similar to Binna Burra but better views (in my opinion). Both Binna Burra and O'Reilly's offer access to the trails of Lamington National Park - rainforests, waterfalls and lookouts.

Natural Arch is well worthwhile and can be quite easily combined with a visit to Springbrook. If you were to drive yourself, a nice day circuit would be Brisbane - Mudgeeraba - Springbrook - Numinbah Valley (Natural Arch) - Murwillumbah - Gold Coast - Brisbane.

Search this Thread