Search

Sydney airport to city

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 01:42 PM
Richard

Sydney airport to city

Would anyone know the best way to get from Sydney airport (domestic) to the city center? (Liverpool & George Street)...there will be 3 adults and 3 children!...Taxi??? Bus??? or Train???

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 05:24 PM
John

Richard:<BR>By all means, Taxi. <BR>John

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 11:00 PM
kkeefe

Take a taxi. It is a short trip and even if you need two taxis, it will not cost very much. The Sydney airport is very convenient and close to the city center. There is a place to line up just outside the terminal where a helpful fellow will find you a cab or cabs to suit you.

Old Apr 14th, 2001, 06:01 AM
Mary Ann

The last poster is correct. We just lined up (there were 4 adults with lots of luggage for 3 weeks). The gentleman on duty checks you out and puts you in line for different size cabs (some which are like vans). Therefore, they can accomodate almost anyone or anything. Have a great trip.

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 04:51 PM
mike ty

for your info airport express would cost you 7 A$ one way 12 A$ roundtrip for adults. One taxi may cost you about 30-35 A$ one way to george steet. you can draw your judgment

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 06:21 PM
scurry

<BR>We were able to hail a taxi-bus which seated all ten of us from the main airport taxi queue. Saved us a bunch from renting 3 cabs.

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 08:24 PM
mrsm

TAXI - so simple and reasonably priced (I guess) ! <BR> <BR>Syd airport is quite close to the CBD !!

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 03:32 AM
Streaka

Taxi will cost you about $25. You will need 2 probably, because generally they are cars, rather than vans. The train is a rip off, I wouldn't use it. You may be able to order a Taxi van to fit you all in but I think it would be easiest just to get 2 taxi's - $50 total; anyway that is only about 10 bucks US isn't it?? (haha sob sob!)