Reload this Page >

motels australia - help please !!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 1997, 08:49 AM
sean

can anyone recommend a decent cheap motel chain in australia ? i've heard of Budget Motels chain - are they any good ?
and...#
would it be better to stay in alice for 3 days or ayers rock for 3 days to see that area ?
help !!!!

Old Mar 19th, 1997, 10:20 PM
barry

Budget Motels are good value.

Better to stay in Alice - Ayers Rock about 2 hr aways by bus with regular service however you might want to see the rock at dawn or sunset which provide the best views.

Old Mar 20th, 1997, 04:19 AM
Sean

only 2 hours ? i thought it was further than that from alice to ayers rock ??? i know it sounded like there was more to do in alice...thnaks for the advise !!!

Old Mar 23rd, 1997, 07:22 PM
Donna

Alice to Ayers Rock is 441 km so more likely 4 hours travel time. Barry is correct in stating that Alice is a far better location. Spend a day at The Rock and catch sunrise or sunset(better). From Alice you can visit Stanley Chasm, Simpsons Gap, and Palm Valley in the Finke Gorge. Kings Canyon is a side trip of the road, half way between The Rock and Alice and well worth a day (check your maps).
Have fun.
Oh, Budget, Flag Inns, Best Western are all cheaper and fine.

Old Mar 26th, 1997, 05:34 AM
SEAN

cheers Donna !!! Sounds a bit more realistic !!!
Have you stayed at that Yulara place ? do you reckon i'd get a cheap room easy in August ?
Sorry about the extra questions ! - cheeky arent i !