Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Australia & the Pacific (https://www.fodors.com/community/australia-and-the-pacific/)
-   -   AUSTRALIA Honeymoon February 2014 (https://www.fodors.com/community/australia-and-the-pacific/australia-honeymoon-february-2014-a-995447/)

akshay2801 Oct 19th, 2013 01:20 AM

AUSTRALIA Honeymoon February 2014

Hi All,

I would like to plan my honeymoon in February 2014 to Australia. We would like to have privacy, white sandy beaches with turquoise waters, nightlife and shopping to sum it all.
I have thought of a few places like Great Barrier Reef, Noosa and Whitesundays. Also can include Sydney for the city and shopping.

We would be there for almost 16-17 days from 11th February '14

Look forwrd to your suggestions.

Thanks,
Akshay

akshay2801 Oct 19th, 2013 02:20 AM

Hi, I have made a sample itinerary

Reach Brisbance - Transfer to Gold Coast - How many days are enough at Gold Coast?
Reach Cairns - Transfer to Great Barrier Reef - How many days are enough at GBR?
Reach Sydney - Spend 3-4 nights
I also plan to go to Singapore and take a Royal Carribean Cruise.

MissGreen Oct 19th, 2013 03:29 PM

Are you an active couple or as it is a honeymoon are you wanting to take things slower? Depends how much you want to cram in to a day as to what you do.

dutyfree Oct 19th, 2013 05:15 PM

I would spend your time up at Port Douglas which is about an hour past Cairns for a wonderful honeymoon experience! The town is perfect for great restaurants,shopping,trips to the GBR,Mossman Gorge and the Daintree Rain Forest,etc. The 4 mile beach is there and there is so much to see and do without major crowds.

akshay2801 Oct 19th, 2013 09:15 PM

How many days would I need at Port Douglas? Any good 5 star hotels?

di2315 Oct 19th, 2013 10:37 PM

I'd give Gold Coast a miss - you have plenty of other lovely places on your list, and would be better off spending more of your time there. GC is very tacky IMHO! Di

janpeter3 Oct 22nd, 2013 02:01 AM

Hot, sticky & humid In Brisbane, Port Douglas & higher in February so if don't like that sort of weather then perhaps Sydney and then beaches in NSW e.g Port Stephens etc.

akshay2801 Oct 22nd, 2013 11:27 PM

Hello, I have finally decided on an itinerary

Reach Brisbane - Head to Gold Coast for 4 nights (enjoy beach, adventure parks)
Reach Cairns - Head to Port Douglas for 5 nights (enjoy reef, rain forrest, cape tribulation, kurunda)
Reach Sydney for 4 nights (enjoy the city and bondi beach and shopping)
Reach Melbourne for 2 nights (enjoy the city and great ocean road)
Reach Singapore and catch Royal Carribean Cruise for 3 nights

Kindly comment.

akshay2801 Oct 23rd, 2013 05:38 AM

Hi, I have one more option to remove singapore cruise and go to new zeland - south island.

I have heard south island is better than north island

Nelson, Marbouriugh, Christchruch, Queenstown, Milford Sound etc.

Can someone please suggest?

dutyfree Oct 23rd, 2013 06:45 PM

The Great Ocean road really should have a few days as the scenery,history and the animals that you encounter are amazing!

dutyfree Oct 23rd, 2013 06:57 PM

We spent 5 days up there and it was perfect. Be sure to line up your snorkel or dive trip the first day you are up there as the weather up there can get windy and the snorkel trips will get cancelled. Do yourselves a favor and reserve with Wavelength-it only takes 30 or less out and is a wonderfully run operation. They have two marine biologists on the boat and do 3 snorkels-fabulous! Quicksilver is the big company in Port Douglas but it takes hundreds out to its "platform" so if you don't want to snorkel you can eat,gamble or walk underground. Think Asian tour groups?
I highly recommend the TIN SHED in Port Douglas for dining. It is a local/private club but if you sign in with your address you can go in. Wonderful food,great prices and overlooking the water-we ended up eating there three times as it was so good and so much fun!Check it out on Tripadvisor!