COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Auckland Hotel

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 08:34 PM
Jerry

Auckland Hotel

Does anyone have a favorite hotel or B&B in Auckland? Looking for something nice and also convienent to harbor. Have reservation at Hyatt but still looking.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 01:12 AM
gohere

we just got back from the sebel right on the wharf- perfect location- restaurants on premises- neat, businesslike rooms- with washer dryer and kitchen. staff is a little green- but you won't need them for much.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 07:30 AM
pat

Staying at the Copthorne Harbour on recommendation of friends. Right on the Harbour and very convenient to town, too, and the ferries. All rooms have a view.

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 11:58 AM
grant

I like the Stamford Plaza which is close to Queen St (the main street in the city centre) and is also close to the waterfront and viaduct basin (home to many shops and restaurants etc). The rooms are nice, the lobby bars are excellent and service was great when we stayed there in September. We're rtying the Hyatt in February only because it has great views of the harbour, which the Stamford lacks.

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 10:30 AM
David

Jerry,
All the suggestions above are right on the money. Other hotels in the city, close to the waterfront include the Heritage and Mecure.

The Hyatt is comparatively a long way from the waterfront. If you were looking at the Hyatt kind of rates and rooms then go for the Stamford or the Heritage. If you want to be right on the viaduct, and I mean right on go for the Sebel. If you book the Sebel make sure to be specific that you want a room overlooking the viaduct not one that overlooks the street behind the Sebel.

Hope this helps.

David