COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Auckland 3 days?

Old Dec 16th, 2001, 10:23 AM
kootz

Auckland 3 days?

Please help me in planning where to stay and what to do in Auckland for 3 days. We will just be coming off a cruise. Thanks in advance

Old Dec 21st, 2001, 06:19 PM
Lois

Just curious - is your cruise on the Wind Song in February?

Old Dec 21st, 2001, 06:41 PM
pat

We are doing the same trip on the Regal Princess, except we are starting out in Auckland. What ship are you on? We are staying at the Copthorne Harbor, which is supposed to be a great location, right on the bay. All the rooms are harbor views. We booked it on Expedia.com. We are going to do the hop on/hop off bus. We want to see the Antarctic museum. (Hear it is interesting) and we are going to take the ferry over to Devenport. We are also going to see the Parnell rose gardens. We only have 2 days, so we will be out of time. I`d like to hear other suggestions, too.

Old Dec 22nd, 2001, 04:14 PM
kootz

we are on the Regal leaving out of sydney Jan 24th. ending in Auckland. We have changed plans. We are now only staying one day in Auckland (Hyatt). It did not seem alot to do. We are then flying to Sydney for 6 nights. Seems alot to keep us busy there. Staying at the Quay West. I can't wait. Xmas is here and all I keep thinking about is this cruise.

Old Dec 23rd, 2001, 08:57 AM
pat

Karen: We will be getting on the Regal princess when you get off. We will have to compare notes when we get back! We are also spending extra time in Sydney. We were in Sydney last May. We are staying at the 4 points Sheraton in Darling Harbor. That is where the ship docks, but we got our own reservations, a lot cheaper than Princess was going to charge us. Enjoyed climbing the Sydney Bridge! Pat

Old Dec 28th, 2001, 04:29 PM
Lois

I will be on the Wind Song leaving from Christchurch on the 11th. But I will be spending time first in Sydney, Christchurch and then after we dock in Auckland. And I am still looking for things to do. I already got tickets on line for the opera at Sydney. The ferry ride to Devenport sounds interesting. I have done a lot of research already in Fodor's ( my travel bible) but would love to hear what other people have done or are planning to do. Enjoy your cruise.