Reload this Page >

Beachcomber inter-continental Resorts

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 06:48 PM
Maggie

I am geting married in Feb of 2003. My fiance and I are going to stay in overwater bungalows at the beachcomber intercontinental on the islands of Tahiti, Bora bora, and Moorea. Can anyone share some info about the three?

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 02:19 PM
z

Maggie, You might want to check out the <BR>forums on the following website, www.tahitiexplorer.com. Access to Lots of info on everything to do with French Polynesia.

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 02:28 PM
LordBalfor

Several peoples' opinions of the place (myself included):<BR><BR>http://www.epinions.com/lodg-Accommodations-South_Pacific-Luxury_Hotel-epi9064<BR><BR>Some photos of the resort (along with others of Tahiti, Bora Bora, Rarotonga, Kauai and a couple of other nice tropical locales):<BR><BR>http://community.webshots.com/user/lordbalfor<BR><BR>Enjoy your trip!<BR><BR>Ken

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Doug

My wife and I stayed at the same places in February of 1999. We enjoyed Moorea the best, though Bora Bora has the most beautiful lagoon. <BR><BR>February is the hottest time of the year and the OWB's(in Moorea and BB) are not air conditioned. They were very nice, but I would stay in a beach unit with a/c.

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 09:54 PM
DJ

The Intercontinental on Tahiti has very nice rooms. Just there for 1 night and again for a dayroom on our departure date. Both times were fortunate to be upgraded to OW. They were very nice but nothing like the location of the OWB on Moorea at the Sheraton. Fabulous location as we had a sunset bungalow near the end of the pier. Wonderful lagoon area as well. Probably the best on Moorea. Both were well appointed and had air conditioning.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 12:17 PM
aaron

My wife and I just returned from our honeymoon and stayed at both the Beachcombers in Bora Bora and Moorea and they were fabulous, and they do have air conditioning now. They actually just renivated the one in Moorea and built on about 20 new overwater units in Bora Bora. the lagoons at both are wonderful, Bora Bora a little better though, but I think you will enjoy them both just as much. it is really hard to describe them , I highly recommend going to the two above mentioned sites plus Tahiti Nui Travel. com they give you some great information.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 09:23 AM
fluffnfold

Stayed at the Beachcomber in Moorea for my honeymoon in October of 1996. The OTW bungalows were wonderful! Glad to hear they are now air-conditioned, although it wasn't really necessary (and I tend to like things like an ice-box!). We almost never left our bungalow (and not because we were honeymooning!)--it was just so peaceful and secluded. We felt like we were the only people on the island--almost never saw another soul except in the lobby. And that's the main thing about Moorea--it is remote and secluded. No nightlife at ALL, and just a handful of restaurants. If you want to shop or bar hop, there is nothing like that. But to us, that's perfect--going out to dinner is our main and only event of the day. Food and drinks are EXTREMELY expensive--I think we paid $5 for a can of coke--but we had great meals with large portions--not what we expected for French food. I would go back to Moorea in a second--or as soon as my budget allows! We rented a car for half a day to drive around the island and to the top of the peak--just gorgeous! We didn't need the car other than that--the restaurants provided transportation back in 1996 (we ate at L'Aventure, La Linareva, Les Tipaniers). We took the ferry back to Tahiti for a day, and couldn't wait to return to the quiet solitude of our OTW. Tahiti is a city--complete with noise and traffic. IMHO, I wouldn't spend more than a day or two there--maybe the day you fly in and the night before you fly out. We didn't get to Bora Bora, but hear it's the most beautiful of the three. Did not swim with the dolphins at the hotel. It seemed more like get in the water with the dolphins--very little swimming involved and lots of people in there at one time. But it was great to watch! And do not miss the canoe breakfast--where else can you get room service delivered by a pareo-clad waitress on an outrigger canoe? Take LOTS of film along (I think a disposable camera was about $40!!!)--the scenery was so breathtaking!