Search

Snorkeling in Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 1998, 11:13 AM
Marsha

Snorkeling in Thailand

My husband and I are going to Thailand in September and would like to know where is the best place(s) to snorkel. <BR>

Old Jul 15th, 1998, 01:24 PM
Meg

We were in Thailand in May and spent a few days on Phuket. We hired a boat to take us to Coral Island, which is supposed to have good snorkeling, but we were there at the wrong time of the year. The water was too cloudy, and in most places, too rough snorkel. I am sure it would be great in the right season. I've also read that the Phi Phi Islands and Krabi have good snorkeling. I hope you have better luck than we did.

Old Sep 13th, 1998, 12:35 PM
Kathy

Phi Phi had marvelous snorkeling a few years ago. Friends reported same in Krabi.

Old Sep 13th, 1998, 12:36 PM
Kathy

Phi Phi had marvelous snorkeling a few years ago. Friends reported same in Krabi.

Old Sep 14th, 1998, 09:00 PM
Lily

<BR>Marsha, a day trip to Coral Island off of Phuket is great, snorkeling was wonderful (at least it was when we went in December and February). Food made us sick - bring your own! At Phi Phi Islands water was murkey, polluted, dead coral, very depressing. Perhaps elsewhere at Phi Phi is better...