air LAX to Sydney or SEA to Sydney

Old Apr 20th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
air LAX to Sydney or SEA to Sydney

Trying to find a target price for flights approx mid November-early December, about a 3 week trip. Qantas has "specials" for around $1600 from Seattle and $1400 from LA. Both of those seem high to me but I realize it is high season down under so wonder if that's typical. Another post mentions waiting for sales until about October of so (thanks Crazymina!) but since we have a fairly specific time period (though not specific dates), not sure we can comfortably wait that long to book. Have seen fares under $1K easily to Australia but those usually for travel to their winter. What do you think?
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 01:08 PM
LN

I don't know if this will help but we spent a month in OZ this past September and the flight from LA to Syd was $660 plus taxes. It was the lowest I've seen. I get e-mails from Qantas, AirNZ, Travelzoo, and most Australian tourist sites to check the latest prices. I believe there's a Qantas special on now for $899 +.

You might want to sign up for the e-mail specials and see what happens.

PS We also spent a month there and NZ two years ago in March/April. Both time periods were very comfortable.
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 02:46 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, but I already bit and bought an airfare (the day AFTER a $60 AUD fuel surcharge put in place, ugh). It is more than I had planned to spend but I wanted the flights I wanted, and figured that was that. $660! Lucky you. I figure we will probably be headed back a few times so I will watch for those cheaper airfares when I have more flexibility. Thanks for your input!
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 03:40 PM

You have more options from LAX but if from SEA see what Eva Air can offer
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 07:25 PM
LN

Well

No matter what you paid - you'll have a wonderful time in Australia. And if you need any help as to various sights to see - just post a note here and the regulars will be happy to help. Won't you Alan, Neil, Prue, Andrew David, and the whole group!!