Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Australia & the Pacific (https://www.fodors.com/community/australia-and-the-pacific/)
-   -   Ah Queensland, beautiful one day...... (https://www.fodors.com/community/australia-and-the-pacific/ah-queensland-beautiful-one-day-897904/)

stormbird Jul 7th, 2011 02:50 PM

Ah Queensland, beautiful one day......

....perfect the next.

Today is just one of those days here in Brisbane. Gorgeous blue, cloudless sky, the air is still and we're expecting a top of 20C.

After all the 'weather' we've suffered in recent times, a stand out day like today shouldn't go by without being appreciated.

Mmmm it's just lovely!

Hope you're all having a lovely day as well!

Bgale Jul 7th, 2011 03:34 PM

Oh stormbird, I have a bad case of "missing Oz" and by reading the posts on Fodor's it normally helps me deal with it since it will probably be a couple more years before I can make it back downunder. Your message brings back lots of good memories of the blue skies of Australia so I hope you are having a GREAT day!!

pat_woolford Jul 7th, 2011 05:49 PM

Lovely day up here in FN Queensland too, stormbird, blue skies, heading towards max of 26C. Not bad for a winter's day.

Everyone in good mood about Maroons win at State of Origin on Wed night, I don't watch footie but even I've worked out that Darren Lockyer must be Queensland's hero of all time.

AlanJG Jul 7th, 2011 06:59 PM

And "Go the REDS on Saturday!"

stormbird Jul 7th, 2011 08:20 PM

I hear you Pat - not a fan of footy at all but just the same it was great to hear we took out the Origin yet again.

And AlanJG agree it would be great to see the Reds win - fingers crossed!

dottyp Jul 7th, 2011 11:14 PM

I'm still trying to catch up on my sleep from Wednesday night - game didn't finish here until after midnight! Yay the Maroons, too.

I agree - great days in Queensland should be celebrated in view of what happened earlier this year. Today Wellington had clear blue skies, sunshine but it was a wintry sun, and probably around 13 degrees. So looking forward to the warmth of Darwin and the upper NT once next week is finished and school hols are here. :)

I shall not comment on the game tomorrow, discretion being the better part of valour and all that, but may the best red (and black) team win!!

AlanJG Jul 8th, 2011 12:20 AM

Good luck dottyp. Don't forget to do your warmups. Would hate to hear you pulled a hammy during the game! I wont get to see it as I'll be out possum spotting.

AlanJG Jul 11th, 2011 10:01 PM

.. and what spotting it was! Seven possum species.

Great game too by all accounts but highlights packages do not show a lot of the important parts to a game. The cameras also get in too close for someone who knows the game to appreciate everything which is influencing the play.

dattyp, all the best next year. You can be proud of your team, having played all their games away from home and still making the final.