Advice on trip tp Kalgoorlie

Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:31 AM
Peter Wright
Advice on trip tp Kalgoorlie

Hi Folks,
my Wife and I will be visiting Oz for the 1st time in Jan,staying in Perth,and would like to experience the Outback, would you recommend a trip to Kalgoorlie, and any ideas on accomodation there, thanks Peter.
Sep 6th, 2002, 12:57 AM
A trip to Kalgoorlie will certainly take you to the outer limits and give you a feel for the outback. It's a good choice with lots of interesting things to see relating to it's history as a gold town. It's perhaps the complete opposite of Perth.
Sep 9th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Do a loop out of perth...south west,albany,esperance,norseman,Kalgoorlie,take the underground tour,visit the ghost gold towns,learn the tragic story of how water came to kalgoorlie,did you know that Herbert Hoover once studied there,Don't stay in Hay street.
Sep 9th, 2002, 05:30 PM
We have just returned from a 15 day bus tour with APT that included all the areas that John suggested - we also did an additional part that incorporated a trip north as far as Monkey Mia.
I can highly recommend it - wonderful scenery and loads of interesting things to do and see all through the south west area.
In Kalgoorlie a visit to the Miners Hall of Fame is a must -

Search this Thread