Reload this Page >

Can I sail the Whitsundays in December?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 03:11 AM
Sonia

Am in Oz next December and would like to a 3 day cruise of the Whitsundays. However, I read a report saying many of the boats do not run due the the wet season and the increase in jelly fish.<BR><BR>Can anyone help?<BR><BR>Many thanks<BR><BR>Sonia

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 06:16 AM
Ally

I sailed The Sydney Sundancer in the Whitsunday's in mid Oct. 1998. Fantastic trip and I'm still in contact with the captian and his wife, John and Lynne.<BR>Unfortunately, end of Oct. is as late as they sail for the exact reasons you state.<BR><BR>http://www.luxuryyacht.com.au/holidays/holidays.htm

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 11:04 PM
Sonia

Thanks Ally.. So, if I getting it right, there are no boats sailing at all? How about getting to the islands?

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 07:38 AM
Ally

Don't know about other boats sailing..I'm sure some people do but they are probably private, not for guest. We flew to Hamilton Island from Sydney to meet up with our boat. You can probably get there from other cities as well.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 11:59 AM
Troy

We were in Aust. last December and took a 1 day sail out of Airlie Beach. We booked it from our hotel and I think there were longer trips available. We had a great day but, unfortunately, there was no wind that day and we needed the engine for the whole trip.