Pictures and HD Videos from one week in Palau

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2015, 06:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In late January, we went to Palau for a 9 day trip. We left Southern California on a Friday night, got to Palau on a Sunday night, and spent the next seven days diving, kayaking, and snorkeling. We were able to get back by Monday morning in the US the following week. We had wanted to come to Palau because of the Jellyfish Lake, but there was much more than that, and frankly the scenery was unparalleled compared to pretty much anywhere else we've been. If you are even remotely interested in going to Palau, we highly recommend it. Here is our trip report, replete with pictures and HD videos. We hope you find it helpful.

http://justinandcrystal.com/Palau/
Old Feb 8th, 2015, 09:45 PM

Thanks for sharing. I spent 8 days in Palau (as part of a round-the-world trip) a couple of years ago and loved seeing your beautiful pictures. Those sunsets!! Those colors!! We didn't dive but went with Sam's Tours to many of the same places you did for amazing snorkeling and kayaking. I agree about Jellyfish Lake--no place else like it!

We also took a boat to nearby Peleliu, which has lots of associated WWII history--stayed there 3 nights and had a great time.

Did you get into Koror town at all? We stayed at a basic (though not cheap) non-resort hotel in Koror and enjoyed walking around the town and eating in the local restaurants. There was a nice little museum, too. We liked the local island vibe. Your hotel looked a lot nicer than ours.

Your report and pictures brought that great experience back to me. Thanks for sharing!
Old Feb 9th, 2015, 09:51 AM
Original Poster

We didn't get into Koror, no. If/when we go back, we probably would stay in town. Our hotel was nice, but it wasn't convenient to town. On the flipside, it is one of the few places with a beach and the sunset.
Old Feb 16th, 2015, 07:44 PM

Who did you fly there?
Old Feb 17th, 2015, 07:08 AM
Original Poster

United (through Guam).
Old Feb 23rd, 2015, 07:02 PM

I have been looking at Delta via Narita airport at Tokyo to get to Palau.Thanks for sharing your trip report.