5 night itineray for Sydney and the Blue Mountains

Mar 27th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Original Poster

5 night itineray for Sydney and the Blue Mountains

I would appreciate advice on this itinerary for Sydney and the Blue Mountains in November.

Nov 2 Arrive Sydney from Tasmania and drive to Blue Mountains (2 nights at Old Leura Dairy)
Nov 3 Explore Blue Mountains
Nov 4 Drive to Sydney (via Hunter Valley if possible) (3 nights at Quay West- 2 bedroomed apartment overlooking harbour)
Nov 5 Day at leisure in Sydney
Nov 6 Day at leisure in Sydney
Nov 7 8-15 am flight to Hong Kong.

Any comments on quality/location of planned accommodation would be appreciated and if this seems sensible way to spend 5 nights. We visited Sydney for 3 days en route to New Zealand in 2000 so did many of main city highlights.

If there are other recommended places to stay in Blue Mountains (or perhaps we should spend 1 night in Blue Mountains and 1 in the Hunter Valley?)
then I would be grateful if you could advise. I am travelling with my mum so we need single rooms or 2 bedroom acommodation. She also has some walking difficutlies after knee replacement so we need to avoid too many steps/slopes/too much walking. Normally we like to try good friendly bed and breakfast places. Old Leura Dairy looks really interesting and unusual but not sure how suitable might be for her. We are not committed to any of properties listed in itinerary.

Many thanks

Search this Thread