Reload this Page >

Gold Coast Snakes and Spiders

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 07:12 PM
bryce

I am looking forward to a trip to Australia's Gold Coast except for one thing: Spiders and Snakes. If I stay in a holiday apartment how many floors above ground level must I be to be out of "range" of these nasty things? Anyone have any experiences with this, or am I worrying needlessly?

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 01:16 AM
Kay

Bryce,<BR>Your chances of coming across spiders and snakes in a holiday apartment are fairly remote. To be on the safe side, perhaps avoid the ground floor or a balcony with overhanging shrubbery.<BR><BR>If you go into the Gold Coast Hinterland for the day (inland from the coast) makes lots of noise while walking in the bush and any snakes will be scared off. They are really not that common.<BR>Kay

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 03:25 PM
Matt

You have absolutely no chance of seeing any snakes or dangerous spiders in a Surfers apartment, not even on the ground floor.

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 05:19 PM
Richard

I was on the Gold Coast (Surfers Paradise) for two weeks.....and I can't remember seeing either the whole time I was there.

Old Apr 9th, 2001, 03:34 PM
Steve Curry

<BR>I think it's the sharks and jellyfish and lizards you really need to be concerend with!<BR><BR>(just kidding)<BR><BR>You'll be fine -- have fun

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 06:48 AM
Hp

I have lived on the Gold Coast nearly all my life and have never been bitten by a snake or a spider but I regularly have to dodge Tree Crocodiles that attempt to drop on people after dark. <BR> <BR>Look Out!