aussie islands ?

Old Mar 14th, 1997, 05:11 AM
sean

aussie islands ?

if you only had the time to visit one island off australias east coast - which would it be ??? i'm stuck !!!

Old Mar 18th, 1997, 03:09 PM
Kerry

It depends what you are looking for. Expensive luxury %3D Hayman Island, Lizard Island & Bedarra Island. Club Med %3D Lindeman Island.
National Park camping %3D Fraser Island. Turtle nesting %3D Heron Island. Depends on your interests and the size of your wallet

Old Mar 18th, 1997, 03:11 PM
Kerry

Don't know where those funny %253D came from!

Old Mar 19th, 1997, 03:45 AM
Sean

Thanks for the advise !!! The turtle nesting at Heron Island sounds interesting ! Is that year round ? I'm off to oz in august...
I can't do the %25's !

Old Mar 19th, 1997, 04:25 PM
Kerry

If you do an Infoseek search of "Whitsunday Islands" you should get all the info you need. My daughter chatered a yacht (easy sailing) and did a lot of the islands. The yachts can be collected from Hamilton Island and can be available fully equipped with groceries etc if you wish. She went in September and said the weather was perfect. Probably let price be your guide as to the standard of accommodation as there are islands that cater for budget families to megastars and English Royalty. Bedarra is a Fergie favourite. I have heard that Heron Island is also a bird nesting site and can be a little smelly at certain times of the year. Good luck

Old Mar 20th, 1997, 04:15 AM
Sean

Thanks for the advise !!! much appreciated !!!
don't suppose you know roughly how much you'd be talking for the yacht trip round the Whitsundays ??

Old Mar 24th, 1997, 03:59 PM
tom bouchard

I am going to australia next month and planning to head up to Queensland for a couple of weeks.. I would like to charter a sailboat in the 30-40' range.. would you have any suggestions of who to contact in the Whitsunday Islands?.. also in general, we are looking for moderately priced places to stay (100 US dollars per night)... is this going to be possible?

Old May 14th, 1997, 03:39 AM
Angie

Sean, by now you have probably decided which island you are off to, but just incase you are still searching heres some more advise. Forget Bedarra its very exclusive and costs approx $400 per person per day. Hamilton, Orpheus, Lizard and Dunk are all beautiful but pricey. I work on Fraser Is and have been to all the others listed. Fraser is unique in the fact that it is the largest sand island in the world. Great for camping and 4wd. You take a fully inclusive tour to see the highlights of the island (there are over 100 freshwater lakes) and accom for $75.00 per day or stay in the cabins for $30 per day. If you need more info just email me.

Old May 15th, 1997, 12:34 AM
sean

i've got 77 days and 6 hours to go (the big countdown !) and havent decided exactly which islands we're going to yet ! I've been told that daydream and whitsunday are really nice so might give them a go - unless you know different ?...We 'were' only going to go to Fraser Island for a day because we thought that the accomodation on there would be a bit steep but if you reckon you can get a cabin for $30 then an overnight stay is a definate !!! How would i find out about them ?
what do you do on Fraser then ? You dont run a B & B do you ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
my e-mail is [email protected]

THANKS ANGIE !!

PS : i cant contact you on your e-mail for some reason !