Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Australia & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20th, 2016, 08:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone,
It has been a while since I last shared a trip report on Fodors. Partly because I don't get to travel a lot so there is not a lot of reporting to do in the first place, and partly because I was just busy and absent-minded But the last time I shared my trips around Europe and Maldives, Fodorites were more than gracious and supportive. I've even become friends with some of them on other social media channels

Anyway, a couple of months ago, I got to visit New Zealand for the first time for 17 days, and I'm not exaggerating it is hands-down the most gorgeous country I have been to. The only place that I have been to that can kinda tie in with NZ is Iceland. I talked to fellow travelers I met along the way and people I chatted with whenever I posted photos, and everyone feels the same. As someone who cares about the environment, I love the fact that New Zealanders in general are very appreciative and protective of what they're blessed with. Wouldn't our world be a better place if everyone had similar mindset?

I have written in details about where I went and what I did around the South Island (my itinerary included Picton, Kaikoura- I was so saddened to see images of the damage the earthquake did to the beautiful town, Christchurch, Lake Tekapo/Mt Cook, Wanaka, & Queenstown) here, so if any of you is researching, I hope the information is helpful

https://goo.gl/m2v2mB

And if you have any question, I'm more than happy to help (except questions about renting a car and driving. I don't know how to drive so have to rely on public transportation). I have posted a lot more photos on Instagram (https://goo.gl/XfpkpU) so have a look if you use the app. Enjoy and have a lovely week, y'all!
Old Nov 22nd, 2016, 04:40 PM

Thank you. I really enjoyed reading your report and seeing your spectacular pictures.
Old Nov 22nd, 2016, 04:43 PM
Original Poster

@aprillilacs: thank you so much. I'm always passionate when I talk about visiting New Zealand So so beautiful over there!
Old Nov 23rd, 2016, 12:09 PM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
Incredible photos! Thank you for sharing!
Old Nov 23rd, 2016, 05:34 PM
Original Poster

@Melnq8: my pleasure. It's kinda impossible to take bad photos of NZ, especially if you visit in autumn.
Old Nov 30th, 2016, 06:12 PM

I just looked at all of your NZ blog posts and loved them all - your photos are incredible and I really enjoyed your writing as well

I'm going to NZ in March for 11 days and plan on spending much of the trip on the South Island as well. Your itinerary is really helpful as I plan ours out. I just wish we had enough time to cram everything in!
Old Dec 1st, 2016, 04:34 PM
Original Poster

Julia687: thank you. I'm so glad to hear what I wrote is helpful to you. Don't squeeze everything in; take your time, as I'm sure no matter how much time you spend in the SI you will want to return
Old Jan 5th, 2017, 11:00 PM

bookmarking