I am planning to travel with a friend to China in December, for three weeks. We are planning to enter China from Vietnam via Hekou, travel in Yunnan for about 10 days, and then head on east to Guilin and Yangshou, and finally Hong Kong. For both of us, this is our first trip to China.
We were checking how to get to Guilin from Yunnan, and found the most direct way that is not by flight (we will be on a budget...) is by rail from Kunming. However, we saw that it is at least 18 hours of travel, so we were wondering - would you recommend some non direct way of travelling to Guilin?
I saw a suggested intinerary here: wikitravel.org/en/Overland_Kunming_to_Hong_K…
that more or less fits what we were looking for, but I have no idea how much time this would take...
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 in the hope of monetary value
- 2 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 3 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 4 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 5 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 6 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 7 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 8 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 9 Vientiane to LP December
- 10 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 11 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 12 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 13 5 days in Singapore
- 14 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 15 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 16 Shanghai in January
- 17 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do
- 18 Myanmar tour companies
- 19 Luang Prabang for Christmas which Hotel?
- 20 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 21 Recommended drivers in Sri Lanka
- 22 Top Things to do in Amazing Bali - Travel Report
- 23 Advice On 15 Day Trip To Taiwan, Vietnam & Laos?
- 24 We did it! -4 weeks of independent travel in China - a detailed report
- 25 look for resort suggestions for Phuket and/or Ko Samui areas