Yangshuo to Guilin airport, early morning

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts

I am considering booking a China Southern flight out of Guilin that leaves at 7:40 am for Guangzhou. I will be spending the night before the flight in Yangshuo which I believe is 90 minutes away.
Would it be a good idea to move to Guilin for that last night or is staying in Yangshuo doable?
I am connecting to Hanoi and it appears that China Southern is the only option out of Guilin to Guangzhou.
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From my fading memory I think the drive from Yangshuo is longer than 90 minutes. From our hotel in Guilin, the Sheraton, it took us around 30 - 40 minutes to and from the airport.

If you don't mind getting up at 2 or 3 AM then stay in Yangshuo otherwise I would try and find a hotel close to the airport or in Guilin itself.
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

I general, isn't Yangshuo nicer than Guilin? I may take a later flight out of Guilin,stay overnight in Guangzhou and continue on to Hanoi the next day. Getting up at 2 am would not be conducive to a good travel experience!
Old Mar 8th, 2011, 03:27 AM

Both Guilin and Yangshuo are touristy IMO but most people go there for the Karsts. Yangshuo is much smaller in size than Guilin but they both have their advantages. Guilin has proper hotels and restaurants while Yangshuo have small inns and a walking street which comes alive at night, albeit full of tourist type shops and discos.

IMO if you have 4 or 5 nights, or more, I would split them between the two towns.
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 04:31 PM

I think you can stay in Yangshuo.
Yangshuo is on the way from Guilin city to the airport. It means you can have a tour in Guilin, and then move to Yangshuo for another tour, and then you can go to the airport directly.
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 04:47 PM

KWL is west of center of Guilin, while Yangshuo is south of Guilin. It's about 90km/55mi from center of Yangshuo to KWL, with most of it on the G65 Baomao Expressway. So, it should be an 1.5 hour trip early in the morning. Leave hotel around 4:45a, get there 6:15a or so.
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your detailed replies. Now I have to decide whether to get up so very early or take a later flight KWL-CAN and sspend a night in Guangzhou before flying to Hanoi.
Any comments on Guangzhou as a stopover?