Yangshao and Guilin with Older People

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really would like to go to Guilin and Yangshao. I am traveling with my parents who are both 65 they aren't comfortable in bikes and long hikes are out. What things could we do are drives could we take that would be avoid the biking/hiking but still allow us to see some sights?
Old Mar 29th, 2010, 01:13 PM

In Guilin there are regular taxis that can take you around to the sights. In Yangshuo hire a private boat and travel on the smaller rivers to visit a fishing village, and don't miss the gorgeous evening show on the Li River.
Old May 24th, 2010, 02:05 AM

If your parents impossible to ride bicycle or hiking a lot but still would like to enjoy the scenery on the way,I suggest you could rent a private Battery cart/golf cart to go around the rural Yangshuo.It's aslo very comfortable.
Old May 24th, 2010, 09:59 PM

Li River Boat Cruise. It is known that Li river is quite beautiful and lots of people would like to take the cruise to enjoy the scenery in Yangshuo
Old May 24th, 2010, 10:40 PM

Not quite the age of your parents when we visited Guilin and Yangshuo about 4 yrs ago, I have a mobility problem so unable to ride a bike! We hired a car and driver and guide from a local agent in Yangshuo once we arrived which I remember was not expensive, we had the raft ride and lunch, a boat trip using a local boat, visited various tourist places(traps), including moon hill although not able to climb up it was still pleasant. In Guilin we did our own thing stayed at the Sheraton and took taxis or walked, mainly just walked around away from the tourist area if we could and sat having coffee watching people who were watching us! The local boat trip in Yangshuo was a bit challenging because of the steps down and then getting on and off the boat, the seats were also not great but it was a good experience and we met other interesting people too.