Yaang Come Village or Sira Boutique Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be in Chiang Mai Dec. 25 - Jan. 1, travelling with my sister (I'm 28 and she's 26). We're looking for some place well-appointed, comfortable and out of the hustle and bustle (i.e. a nice escape), yet close enough to get into the action if we want.

I've been in touch with the owner of Sira Boutique who has been extremely helpful and kind, so I am somewhat leaning towards that...any opinions would be much appreciated!
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 12:05 AM

I don't know the Sira boutique at all, but the Yaang Come certainly is excellent, nice desgin, perfect location. There are lots of small boutique places, but over Christmas and NYE I think being at Yaang Come would be an 'excellent' choice including great location. Boutique places are nice, like Manathai you get a swimming pool, but many others do 'not' have a swimming pool or the added facilities you have in a place like yaang Come, we like boutique places but if you want a nice Thai style top quality resort hotel, Yaang come comes out very well indeed. You are so close to the night market / bazaar and also you have the swimming pool, poolside bar etc etc
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, James. Just an FYI - the Sira Boutique is just inside the old city - by the Thai Airways office, I believe...
Old Oct 12th, 2008, 09:40 AM

I've not stayed at Yaang Come Village but I (58yr) did stay at Sira Boutique in June with my 18 year old niece. We loved it there and the warmth of the staff was the best!

Yes, it was a walk to the night market but not far and always an adventure.
Old Oct 12th, 2008, 01:20 PM

While we were in CM last year our guide Sgt. Kai booked us 2 nights at the beginning & 1 night at the end at River View Lodge.It was on a river-quiet-beautiful grounds. I have read from other blogers it is hard to contact them-you might try our guide & see if he can get you a [email protected]. Last year the rooms were only about 50$ per night. Not sure this year as everything goes up. Have a great trip-Chris