Search

X'ian and Bejing

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2007, 07:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X'ian and Bejing

Hi!

My friend and I are planning to go to X'ian and Bejing for 6 days in total, 2 full days in each spot.

I'd love to know any must see spots. Now we are planning to see the Xian City Wall, Tang Dynasty Palace show, Museum of Qin Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses, Huaqing Hot Springs and maybe Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor or Banpo Museum. In Bejing we were thinking of seeing the Panjiayuan Market, The Temple of Heaven, The Forbidden City and the Great Wall at Mutianyu.

Please let me know if there is anything else we should see instead.

Thanks!
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 09:23 AM

Plan to spend more time in Beijing and less in Xian. The Terracotta warriors are a must see, the city wall is also nice. The drum tower there is also worth seeing. One day would be sufficient. If you are adventurous, go to the Muslim quarter in the evening and have a bowl of 'yangrou paomo' It's a local delicacy made of lamb and bread in a soup. - truly awesome!

In addition the the sites you listed for Beijing, make sure you see the Summer Palace.
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 03:30 PM

Above all.....visit local parks. In my experience,this is you will really FEEL China.
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 04:10 PM

yes,make sure you see Summer Palace and Lama Temple in Beijing.
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 03:13 PM

I wouldn't go out of my way to visit Banpo. It's interesting from an archaelogical perspective but apart from that it's pretty tacky. Bus nr 610 (I think) from the station is a tourist bus which rotates around the drum tower/bell tower, little goose/big goose pagodas and the Shaanxi History museum. You get on an off as required, costs a couple of kuai per trip. The great Mosques is a short walk from the Drum Tower and the Palace of the Eight Immortals is also worth a look.

http://www.travelsinasia.com/China/Xian.htm
Old Jun 16th, 2007, 12:47 AM

Hi

My wife and I went to Beijing and Xi'an a few years back. Here is my trip report with pictures: http://gardkarlsen.com/china_beijing.htm . Maybe this can give you an idea of what to expect.

Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Old Jun 16th, 2007, 09:36 AM

Check out my web page on our trip to China in April. It includes details about all we did in Xian and Beijing.
Maybe it will help you in your planning.

http://www.travel.stv77.com/china/china.htm
Old Jun 17th, 2007, 02:02 AM

Don't forget the dumpling dinner- 2 full days in each spot is great. Hutong (Beijing'sHidden Lanes in Beijing and something that is not on the tourist plan is the Caves that people still live in around Xian.