Fodor's Travel is looking to refresh its pool of writers for its Japan guidebook. We are particularly interested in writers based in Kyoto, Hokkaido and Tohoku.
If you are working in Japan, or nearby region, or know any writers/fact-checkers who are currently stationed there, please be in touch. Feel free to pass this request on to friends, colleagues, and journalism listservs.
Please note that we hire journalists who have local expertise (i.e. writers who work in the specific region or live there at least part of the year). We're looking to make assignments by late April and assignments are due back in mid June. Topics include sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, the arts, sports, and shopping.
If interested, please forward your resume and clips to [email protected] Clips demonstrating experience writing restaurant, hotel, or site reviews are especially valuable. Please include a few lines about your topical expertise.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Microsoft outlook helpline 1800 570 1233
- 2 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 3 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 4 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 5 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 6 Question re. fees at BOM
- 7 Spa Bangkok
- 8 Internet in SE Asia
- 9 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 10 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 11 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 12 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 13 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 14 need your help with japan itinerary
- 15 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 16 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 17 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 18 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 19 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 20 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 21 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 22 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 23 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 24 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 25 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai