Women's suits made in Bangkok?

Dec 25th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Original Poster

Women's suits made in Bangkok?

My neice will be in Bangkok next year for part of her honeymoon. She wants to have a couple of suits made ( Jacket and skirt and Jacket and trousers ). Any recommendations on where she should try to have them made and how many days should she allow for fittings etc please?
Dec 25th, 2006, 05:18 PM

my wife and I just had several suits made by jack @ monet il sarto at the marriott, and they all are great!!! it took almost the whole week to get them done just right. my wife has to wear a suit for court several times a week and she got both skirts and trousers with several different jackets. where is she staying?
Dec 25th, 2006, 05:55 PM

Lots of women swear by the tailoring at Cotton House (in Oriental Place). She'll need at least three fittings. Make sure she brings along photos of what she wants (or garments for them to copy). If she has a week, she will be assured of having enough time.
Dec 25th, 2006, 07:32 PM

both of the above places are great and i would add one more: js thai silk in the river city shopping center, 1st floor--next to sheraton orchid on the river...

we suggest a week for the production....start it when you arrive and finish it when before you go home if possible....3 fittings to be happy!!
Dec 26th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Original Poster

Thanks travelduo, Kathie and Bob...I will pass on your advice.
Dec 26th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Original Poster

Sorry travelduo, I don't know yet where they will be staying. Thanks again.
Dec 28th, 2006, 09:25 PM

I just had some clothes made by Jack @ Monet Il Sarto. I also inquired about suits and he said they would take a minimum of 1 full week. Note they are closed on Sunday. I'm very pleased with his service, quality, and prices.
Dec 29th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Original Poster

Thanks deptrai...a second recommendation for Jack.
Dec 30th, 2006, 08:12 AM

I have raved about Jack's work at Monet Sarto for men and ONLY suits for women. I said in some detail that his designing of women's pant suits and blouses were not that good. Several of the better men's custom tailors often recommend going to a seamstress but we never knew one to try. Through the past 2 years I have read very good things about the Cotton House for women but my wife buys much other than suits in the US.
Jan 1st, 2007, 09:20 PM

Well, another lawyer will chime in: I just had a woman's very tailored business suit made at Cotton House - terrific. A three-season light wool. It took four fittings, actually, but they still got it done in about a week.

Cotton House seemed to have a bigger and better quality selection of fabrics for women's business suits than other shops I had been in - most shops for women seem to focus on (non-suit) silks and dresses. (I passed monet il sarto later in the trip and they too had a wide fabric selection)

One note -- if you use Cotton House, and have any concern about the fit of the jacket, make sure that you have the man who is in charge of the jacket construction look at it on you. Reed (owner?) was great at fitting the skirt and slacks, but she quickly called for her "jacket guy" (did not catch his name) when I had problems at second fitting with the jacket. Boy, does that jacket fit well! What I wanted was so standard, I did not take drawings, and Reed asked all the right questions - pocket placement, flaps or not, lapel detail, type of waistband (or none) etc.

And final note - I also had two dressy outfits made at T. Silk, also in O.P. Place -- great designs, beautiful fabrics. More when I get out my trip report next weekend.
Jan 2nd, 2007, 03:43 PM
Original Poster

Many thanks Iskhon...sounds like Cotton House might be the way for her to go.