which part of India to visit end of Sept

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am currently in Bangalore on a business trip, my first trip to India. Before I fly back to the US, I have about 8 days in mid- Sept to do more sightseeing . I've visited many incredible places in south India, like Mysore, Belur, Halebid. Since it is the monsoon season, and Kerala, Mumbai and Goa are experiencing flooding and lots of rain, I'm thinking of visiting Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur. But does anyone have other suggestions ? How much rain is that area getting ?

I like culture and art, not into beaches. I'm not interested in holiday resorts.
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 12:07 AM

If you like culture and art then the place for you to go is Rajhastan!I think Delhi , Agra and Jaipur are your best bets. The south of India is more about beaches and maybe it will rain more.
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 08:52 AM

in my opinion it would be a nice experience for you if visit the Delhi Agra and Rajasthan. You can explore more culture and tradition.

thanks

pat
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 10:03 AM

Hello there! yes, Delhi, Agra, jaipur, "the Golden Triangle" would be a great area to explore as per ur interests and wld give u a great intro to the culture and history of North India as u have explored parts in the South.

However, end of September it is still very hot in the region, so u may want to keep that in mind and pick a cooler region. Well, what about the Mountain areas or the fascinating region of ladakh? Some places that come to mind if this interests u would wld then be ladakh, the State of Himachal Pradesh(such as Shimla/Dharamsla,Kulu, etc) or even parts of Uttaranchal.

*That said, if u chose to travel the Delhi, Agra, jaipur route, prices will be lower and less tourists too, as the tourist season for the region really starts October!

Anyays, i have just noticed ur name, so i must suggest/ask, have u visited "Banares/Varanasi!" U must! No place like it!. This might be another option, despite the hot weather too..U can easily do Delhi, Agra, and perhaps Benares in your time frame too. Or if u do not mind traveling at a quicker tempo, u can do the glden triangle, and fly in/out Varanasi at the end via Delhi for the grand finale!

Well, namaste and happy travels. And feel free to drop me a line, as i am a American living in India. happy to help. [email protected]
Old Aug 20th, 2006, 12:10 AM

It will still be very warm in Sept in Delhi, Agra, Jaipur. I would consider going via Delhi to Ladakh - it is one of the most unqiue places in the world.
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 09:50 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all your suggestions.It's tough making a decision because there is not enought time to see what I want to see. I realize I will need to take several more trips. Then there is the issue of terrorism and delayed or cancelled flights.
I gather the north is not experiencing the monsoon that the south is having ???