Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Which airlines from SanFrancisco to Singapore (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/which-airlines-from-sanfrancisco-to-singapore-910775/)

BeniciaChris Oct 30th, 2011 09:41 PM

Which airlines from SanFrancisco to Singapore

In a few days I can book my flight out (330 days) I am hoping to use my delta miles to upgrade to business. If an upgradable ticket is way to high can anyone reccomend an airline that flys there that has seats that are above coach but not as much as business. Thanks in advance-Chris
PS We are going first to Malaysia but flying home from Singapore

rhkkmk Oct 30th, 2011 10:11 PM

take a look at korean.... delta pts have limited usages i find... air france?

qwovadis Oct 31st, 2011 01:38 AM

www.cheapoair.com Great screening site for prem econo business

With DL FF points you want to use a SkyTeam member to upgrade

Might look at Korean via INC my fav perhaps China Airlines

Happy Hunting!

qwovadis Oct 31st, 2011 01:40 AM

www.airlinequality.com reviews rankings for you also

rkkwan Oct 31st, 2011 06:07 AM

On this market with one-stop, Japan's ANA and Taiwan's EVA has premium economy class.

AskOksena Oct 31st, 2011 06:57 AM

>>>Which airlines from SanFrancisco to Singapore<<<

Warm greetings, Chris.

"Preferred seating" (for an additional fee) with Singapore Airlines is another option for you. I fly SQ in and out of SFO a fair amount for work and have never had a bad experience. (In fact, nearly all SQ flights, most enjoyable with some great crews and friends.)

You have two choices: SQ 1/2 (SFO-HKG-SIN) and SQ 15/16 (SFO-ICN-SIN). More info to be found via singaporeair.com/

However you travel, savour your rides.

macintosh (robert)

... Singapore Girl, You're a Great Way to Fly ...

BeniciaChris Oct 31st, 2011 10:13 AM

qwovadis=I found that site helpful for research-Thanks. What is the difference between China Air & East China??
If Delta can't do me good with miles to upgrade-I'll go with someone else. We flew Singapore Air last time I knew I could count on you guys -you're the best-Chris

Kathie Oct 31st, 2011 12:09 PM

Note that there is Air China and China Air - different airlines based in different countries. And China Eastern is yet another different airline.

BeniciaChris Oct 31st, 2011 06:55 PM

It looks like China Air is the most reasonably priced for business & only 1 stop. Qwovadis-how are the business seats,since it is one of your fav's? Do they have business lounges? I see they code share with Delta so I'm assuming I'll get Delta miles/ Thanks again Chris

rkkwan Oct 31st, 2011 08:09 PM

Please don't ever use the term "China Air". No airline use that name, and it's very confusing because:

- Air China is an airline based in Beijing, China; and
- China Airlines is an airline based in Taipei, Taiwan

China Eastern is based in Shanghai, China.

Both serve San Francisco AND Singapore. Since DL only partners with China Airlines, that's the one you're talking about. Their business class does NOT offer flat beds, and not even angled lie-flats. Clearly lag behind other carriers, and therefore they can't demand the higher business fares on others.

They operate their own lounge at SFO, and of course at TPE. Pretty sure you'll have access to some lounge in SIN if you're flying business class.

BeniciaChris Nov 6th, 2011 08:04 PM

Thanks all-I booked our fligts going. Delta-used FFpoints for upgrade to buz. Had to pay a pretty steep price for ticket-oh well. We have a layover in Seoul-I had time to research & saw a Best Western 3 min from airport & the CIN airport has alounge that you pay 35$ & can eat a buffet-drink. We have over 24 hours and a younger more energentic person could see a temple or so-I'm sure we'll be too bone weary.
Next one ways from Kuala Lampur to Phuket. Can't book yet but saw Qatar & Malaysia Air good fares. Does anyone know how much the baggage allowance is? I couldn't see on site-Thanks
On way home I have enought British Airline miles to get 2 one ways on Cathay Pacific. Has anyone dealt with BA-are they easy to get-|Many thanks Chris

BeniciaChris Nov 28th, 2011 12:02 PM

I am back with another help. BA changed the # of miles needed from 50thousand each to 90thousand a week ago.
I need to get back from Singapore on October 24th 2012. I have been researching on cheapoair but can anyone let me know what airline I should try-would love business class at a discount-Thanks