Where'd You Stay in Kanazawa

Jun 7th, 2019, 09:56 AM
Original Poster

Where'd You Stay in Kanazawa

We'll be in Kanazawa and I'm looking for recommendations for a place to stay there. We'd prefer to pay $300 a night or less would be great. We need a room that has either king or twin beds. Thanks for your suggestions.
Jun 7th, 2019, 11:20 AM

We stayed at the Hotel Nikko in Ksnazawa and loved it there. Clean design, modern rooms. Breakfast is incredible.
Jun 7th, 2019, 11:50 AM
tt7

First time at the Holiday Inn, 15 minutes walk from the station and across from the Omicho Market and second time (3 of us) in an Airbnb apartment 10 minutes walk from the station. That said, our accommodation choices may not suit you as we wouldn’t dream of wasting $300/night, even in central Tokyo.
Jun 7th, 2019, 01:10 PM

We stayed in a guesthouse near the Geisha district and about 20 minutes walk from Omicho market. I recall Kanazawa was expensive accommodation wise, we paid about $180 per night for a small room with futons on the floor and shared bathrooms.

If I went again (likely) I’d try to stay in the downtown area, lots of atmospheric restaurants and bars in the back lanes.
Jun 7th, 2019, 05:03 PM

Hotel Excel Tokyu...larger room on the top floor. Great location, very happy with the hotel.
Jun 8th, 2019, 05:43 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, all! Is anyone familiar with the new (opened in January) Mitsui Garden Hotel there?
Jun 8th, 2019, 06:56 AM

We stayed at the Hotel Trusty Kanazawa Korinbo back in 2016 and really enjoyed it. Good sized rooms at a good price and centrally located to all of the sites. I'm pretty sure I got the recommendation off of this board.
Jun 10th, 2019, 04:12 AM

In March we stayed at the Kanazawa Tokyu Hotel which we liked very much. Had a deluxe twin bedded room- very roomy. The hotel staff were great. Really went out of their way to help. The contacted our Airbnb host in Kyoto and arranged luggage forwarding for us. Also had a beautiful bar. Excellent location - could walk to the museum and garden with many restaurants nearby. It seemed more upscale to me than expected. The samurai district is right behind it.
The new Mitsui Garden Hotel looked great too. Closer to Omichi market. We stayed at the Mitsui Garden Hotel Kyobashi in Tokyo and liked it.
Jun 10th, 2019, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by efarr99 View Post
In March we stayed at the Kanazawa Tokyu Hotel which we liked very much. Had a deluxe twin bedded room- very roomy. The hotel staff were great. Really went out of their way to help. The contacted our Airbnb host in Kyoto and arranged luggage forwarding for us. Also had a beautiful bar. Excellent location - could walk to the museum and garden with many restaurants nearby. It seemed more upscale to me than expected. The samurai district is right behind it.
The new Mitsui Garden Hotel looked great too. Closer to Omichi market. We stayed at the Mitsui Garden Hotel Kyobashi in Tokyo and liked it.
Thanks so much!